Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Handball!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
No it wasn't. Was in the Amex lounge with the BT crew and VAR showed nothing according to the FA rep. Ferdinand kept pointing to his leg which wound up the Palace fans

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think they should have looked at the Maradona one- 1986 for the younger viewers.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So Palace will now be like Norwich when Case knocked them out the cup, still going on about the handball decades later :lol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So Palace will now be like Norwich when Case knocked them out the cup, still going on about the handball decades later :lol:

Don't. My stepfather's son-in-law was Paul Haylock, the bloke that Jimmy barged past to score. I was talking to him at a family do and he was still going on about it six years later

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I think it may have slightly skimmed his arm but he did try to avoid it and it was in no way deliberate so no foul. Well done officials.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
That was a glorious sight!
Seeing 2000 berks all watching the replay, raising their arms and asking Rio Ferdinand in the TV studio for guidance!

Rio tapped his knee yesterday the way...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
handball.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Handball!

handball.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it may have slightly skimmed his arm but he did try to avoid it and it was in no way deliberate so no foul. Well done officials.

It was a goal, Dave. They all said it was a goal, Dave. VAR said it was a goal, Dave. Dave, everyone says it was a goal. Dave, it was a goal.

(with further genuflection to Red Dwarf).

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Here's an odd thing. I wasn't able to get from Heathrow to Brighton to catch the match live and watched it in a Woking pub instead. When the winner was scored I genuinely did not celebrate. The knowledge that the VAR was watching seemed to hang heavy and it must have been 10-15 seconds before I bought into the fact that we had just won the match. I don't know if that response would have been different had I been at the game.

This makes me wonder how I feel about VAR. it's nice to be able to put the NigeLLLLLLs in our pocket and kick any of their puny handball claims into touch but... part of the reason I go to games is the rush that comes when a goal is scored. Will VAR deny me that or at the very least dilute it? Possibly. If that's the case then I can't help but feel that we may just have lost a little part of something that makes the game very special. Odd.

Edit - Still feel bloody magic now though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here