Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
11f62574c3ebff6f8338e42f732cb3bb.jpg

How can you NOT enjoy having Russell Brand at rightback ? I'm loving it.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
He kind of reminds me of Peter Smith, the baby giraffe marauding down the wing.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He quite clearly doesn't have the touch nor vision of Bruno, but he's quicker, stronger, better in the air, and all of that is ultimately more important in the top division. Plus I love it when he starts galloping forward with the ball every now and again

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Still a 'hmmm' from me. Let's see if he keeps on improving.

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
As a couple of people have said on this thread, and previous ones - he is the new Peter Smith, marauding down the right. More racehorse than greyhound though - he brings good energy to the team.

Needs to be more intuitive on the overlap though - a couple of times last night he didn't anticipate the pass, whereas Bruno would have been on it. Still, it's more minutes in the bank for him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes, he's totally Peter Smith, good shout everyone. Let's face it, we're never going to get someone in to that position with the same technique as Bruno so I'll definitely settle for cult hero who can make a massive nuisance of himself.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

It’s insane! He literally wouldn’t let it touch the ball. What happens? Does it explode?

I think he's given his left foot to March, who has swapped it for his right foot.. it's incredible how one-footed players can be at this level..

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Getting better every game. Thought he was quality again tonight.

He was also handicapped by having to play behind the incredibly frustrating March.
Every time he looked for March in the first half Solly was hiding inside.

If ever a player looks like a loan spell would do him good it is March. It isn't just his performances-he looks very unhappy these days.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Talking of look a likes, why was Paul Barber the BT ref expert?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Every time he looked for March in the first half Solly was hiding inside.

If ever a player looks like a loan spell would do him good it is March. It isn't just his performances-he looks very unhappy these days.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Rubbish. March was on his own out wide last night on a few occasions and Schelotto still passed it back.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Don't agree with a lot of the praise for him for last night - Palace got most of their success down our right hand side, every time they attacked that side we looked weak. Schellotto's defending doesn't fill me full of confidence.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Don't agree with a lot of the praise for him for last night - Palace got most of their success down our right hand side, every time they attacked that side we looked weak. Schellotto's defending doesn't fill me full of confidence.

Once again there was a certain comedy value to his performance and amid the flashes of quality there were episodes when he looked like he should be playing at a lower level. And again his teammates seemed reluctant to trust him with the ball.

All good entertainment and there's no doubt that the guy tries hard, but I'm yet to be convinced he's ever going to be consistent enough to cut it in the Premier League.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Fredricks of Fulham looks like he is being chased by a few teams, I would like to see us go in for him as it looks like Liam is completely out of the picture now.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Once again there was a certain comedy value to his performance and amid the flashes of quality there were episodes when he looked like he should be playing at a lower level. And again his teammates seemed reluctant to trust him with the ball.

All good entertainment and there's no doubt that the guy tries hard, but I'm yet to be convinced he's ever going to be consistent enough to cut it in the Premier League.

This is where I am on Schelotto. He's got the looks to be a real hero - but his movement and technique doesn't suggest he's a Premier League footballer. It bothers me that when he gets the ball he stops it, looks at it for a bit, and then thinks about the pass. It's a bit laboured like the under 12's league. It is either a confidence thing, or he's just not very good, but having said that the pass for the goal by Stephens was precision.

Peter Smith made a way better agent than he did a footballer, and was present during some of the darkest days for the club. Bags of heart but not much ability.

I wonder who was Italy coach was Schelotto got his only cap.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Rubbish. March was on his own out wide last night on a few occasions and Schelotto still passed it back.

Strange that everybody around me shared the same opinion in the first half. March was hardly ever out on the wing so there was no outlet for anybody looking to go wide. 'A few occasions' says everything!

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
Played well last night I thought.

More importantly, phenomenal head of hair, when he headed the ball once in the first half and the hair went everywhere.

Majestic.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Jury is still out for me - has definitely improved , but still not giving me the impression he is our future right back. his control is not good, his enthusiasm and speed going FORWARD impressive but he was beaten for pace a couple of times when defending.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Felt a bit sorry for Schelotto last night. He made a number of runs to overlap down the wing only for the midfield to continually ignore him and pass it backwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here