Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Schelotto

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every time he looked for March in the first half Solly was hiding inside.

If ever a player looks like a loan spell would do him good it is March. It isn't just his performances-he looks very unhappy these days.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Rubbish. March was on his own out wide last night on a few occasions and Schelotto still passed it back.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Keith Keith Keith Dublin herecomesaregular's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Don't agree with a lot of the praise for him for last night - Palace got most of their success down our right hand side, every time they attacked that side we looked weak. Schellotto's defending doesn't fill me full of confidence.
      With a Monkey Man Plan Monkey Man's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by herecomesaregular View Post
      Don't agree with a lot of the praise for him for last night - Palace got most of their success down our right hand side, every time they attacked that side we looked weak. Schellotto's defending doesn't fill me full of confidence.
      Once again there was a certain comedy value to his performance and amid the flashes of quality there were episodes when he looked like he should be playing at a lower level. And again his teammates seemed reluctant to trust him with the ball.

All good entertainment and there's no doubt that the guy tries hard, but I'm yet to be convinced he's ever going to be consistent enough to cut it in the Premier League.
      Chicken Run, November 10, 1979.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Played well no doubt unlike the last time and deserves a pat on the back. Well done lad...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Fredricks of Fulham looks like he is being chased by a few teams, I would like to see us go in for him as it looks like Liam is completely out of the picture now.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
      Once again there was a certain comedy value to his performance and amid the flashes of quality there were episodes when he looked like he should be playing at a lower level. And again his teammates seemed reluctant to trust him with the ball.

All good entertainment and there's no doubt that the guy tries hard, but I'm yet to be convinced he's ever going to be consistent enough to cut it in the Premier League.
      This is where I am on Schelotto. He's got the looks to be a real hero - but his movement and technique doesn't suggest he's a Premier League footballer. It bothers me that when he gets the ball he stops it, looks at it for a bit, and then thinks about the pass. It's a bit laboured like the under 12's league. It is either a confidence thing, or he's just not very good, but having said that the pass for the goal by Stephens was precision.

Peter Smith made a way better agent than he did a footballer, and was present during some of the darkest days for the club. Bags of heart but not much ability.

I wonder who was Italy coach was Schelotto got his only cap.
      Powney, Henderson, Spearritt, Templeman, J Napier, Gall, Wilkinson, K Napier, Duffy, Gilliver, O'Sullivan.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dadams2k11 View Post
      Rubbish. March was on his own out wide last night on a few occasions and Schelotto still passed it back.
      Strange that everybody around me shared the same opinion in the first half. March was hardly ever out on the wing so there was no outlet for anybody looking to go wide. 'A few occasions' says everything!
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.

0 Not allowed!
      Played well last night I thought.

More importantly, phenomenal head of hair, when he headed the ball once in the first half and the hair went everywhere.

Majestic.

0 Not allowed!
      Jury is still out for me - has definitely improved , but still not giving me the impression he is our future right back. his control is not good, his enthusiasm and speed going FORWARD impressive but he was beaten for pace a couple of times when defending.
      Chocolate Monk

0 Not allowed!
      Felt a bit sorry for Schelotto last night. He made a number of runs to overlap down the wing only for the midfield to continually ignore him and pass it backwards.
      My uncle was born in America.
      But he was one of the lucky ones. He managed to escape in a balloon during the Jimmy Carter presidency.