Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sum up tonight's game.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Palace's season is pretty much over now. :lolol:

We've still got a chance of glory in the FA Cup and the Premier League will be exciting whatever happens but we showed that the strength in depth is there. Hopefully some January signings to bolster the squad further. Tonight's win will give us confidence for a crucial game at West Brom on Saturday.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
We were crap! You lot played a hell of a lot better than us and still looked some distance away from looking decent. Crap game until we scored as you were managing the game brilliantly and we couldn’t deliver any link up play. Poor game where football played second fiddle to the media’s premeditated VAR controversy agenda (the decision wasn’t wrong so why worry that they didn’t look at another angle?). Good luck in the cup, hope we send you down <3

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
14,507 according to the Beeb. Less than 13,000 Albion fans showed up for a so-called derby.

Not great - they missed a brilliant night. Even worse was palace not selling out their 2k allocation though tbf.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We were crap! You lot played a hell of a lot better than us and still looked some distance away from looking decent. Crap game until we scored as you were managing the game brilliantly and we couldn’t deliver any link up play. Poor game where football played second fiddle to the media’s premeditated VAR controversy agenda (the decision wasn’t wrong so why worry that they didn’t look at another angle?). Good luck in the cup, hope we send you down <3

Our reserves looked very good against your first team thank you :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Palace won. They don’t have to go to Middlesbrough.

I think Dale Stephens wants to go there. He has something to settle.

Slow first half, both sides cagey, although a good goal by Stephens.
Second half much better, seeing Baldock back, & Murray scoring the winner was the icing on the cake.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
First team? Behave. Back four that have never played together (like that wasn’t obvious). No Wilf, no Benteke, no RLC. Two more defenders going off injured today is a bloody nightmare. Disney better buy a centre back, at least one full back and a striker or we will be back in the relegation dogfight.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Three good things about this evening 1 the result, 2 the performance of Kayal and 3 the gradual comeback of Baldock the rest was crap especially the attendance and atmosphere.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
14,000 attemdance shows once and for all that it doesn't compare to most derbys in this country. Would Southampton v Portsmouth ever draw such a poor crowd? Good to win though, I still enjoy the F A Cup, shame it's lost its status over the years.

On a freezing cold Monday night in the 3rd. round of the cup? Quite possibly, I would think.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Worthy winners over the 90mins but we’ve desperately got to sort our shooting out ! A 5-1 scoreline wouldn’t have flattered us if we’d taken our chances. Solly March’s form is worrying me, he’s been poor for a few weeks now and seems to be low on confidence. On the flip side I thought Kayal was immense (as indeed he was at Chelsea) and Baldock looked sharp and a constant menace.

I would love to see a change of formation at West Brom on Saturday and play A midfield 3 of Kayal, Stephens & Propper and have Gross & Baldock starting behind Murray. UTA !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
5-6 years wallowing in the Premier League millions, and you have 1 player. And by far and away the worst stadium in the top 2 divisions. Can only applaud that.

The likes of RLC, Sakho, Benteke, Sako, etc. are rather good as well, in fairness. They're just not on Wilf's remarkable level.

Palace's season is pretty much over now. :lolol:

I don't think it is. Things are certainly looking good for us in the PL and we've been in fantastic form recently, but there's still a long way to go this season and survival isn't guaranteed.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Dale Stephens wants to go there. He has something to settle.

This!

Let’s get the team back together!

Hemed & Baldock up front with Stephens and Kayal in the middle. Goldson, Rosenior and Lua Lua can join them.

This fixture will be more competitive than some people believe!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
First team? Behave. Back four that have never played together (like that wasn’t obvious). No Wilf, no Benteke, no RLC. Two more defenders going off injured today is a bloody nightmare. Disney better buy a centre back, at least one full back and a striker or we will be back in the relegation dogfight.

Only 4 changes and just found out 2 were enforced through injury!!!! You proper went for it and our 8 changed team battered your first team hahahaha :lol:

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Only 4 changes and just found out 2 were enforced through injury!!!! You proper went for it and our 8 changed team battered your first team hahahaha :lol:

4 changes from a side that played against Southampton, a game in which we also made several changes due to playing 2 games in 3 days.

Of our ideal starting eleven, only three players actually started tonight. We will not field a weaker side than that all season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here