Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sum up tonight's game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A controversial and ugly goal in the last few minutes against a team that has heaped disappointment on us so many times made it very sweet.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Very poor from our side you showed more desire and deserved it so no complaints . I thought we might nick a draw but glenn did what he does best . The crowd was very sparse , I thought you shifted 20 k tickets ? So I was very surprised with that . It shows that the fa cup is dead now and it’s a bloody shame . The draw could have been better for you so that’s one consolation and we can concentrate on staying up now .
Also I saw that the fairy carried out his threat to reclaim the Amex , much to your managers distain

F605673D-1783-4BB7-9E49-83799A4BD587.jpeg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just had a breeze through a couple of threads on Holmesdale and BBS and I have to say they are quite funny. The scum, almost en masse have said how we beat their reserve team, not one reference to the 9(?) changes we made for the game. Oh and the FA Cup is now meaningless and they don't care about losing to us. Gracious indeed :laugh:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Just had a breeze through a couple of threads on Holmesdale and BBS and I have to say they are quite funny. The scum, almost en masse have said how we beat their reserve team, not one reference to the 9(?) changes we made for the game. Oh and the FA Cup is now meaningless and they don't care about losing to us. Gracious indeed :laugh:

All true :)
I’m sure you would have trotted out the same .

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
Before last night we'd only won 2 of the last 14 games against them. So I'd say 'worth the wait'. Now we've won 2 in the last 5...

Great to be there, with Murray's winner the icing on the cake.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Instead of all the ...well it was only our reserves, perhaps you don't understand the 25 players in a squad system.

Another few positives...bong played well at the back and also we have nothing whatsoever to worry about if dunk and Duffy are suspended/ injured/ sold. Goldson and hunemier both looked extremely comfortable and read the game well.

Negative...that game was almost a microcosm of our season. Defence play very well...bit slow through the midfield until Stephens went off...chances to put the game away but chose to clear the bar instead....still not commanding at corners going our way. The Hun Meister won a few , but again, no really challenge to the goal. Our Colombia vunderkind looked off the pace and didn't want a go at the fullback....

Someone said it could have been 5-1 and that wasn't far off a good assessment...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
....oh yes. Also, if jiri can't get a game there is zero point him being here. It's a shame as I am really a fan of his, but it doesn't seem that he is part of any plans

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Just what we needed. Great game, Palarse beaten in the last 10 mins by a Murray classic. Poetry. Baldrick and 'The Greyhound' played well. Can't think of any negatives at all.
This has given us a welcome diversion to the nail biting PL survival thing, and confidence in the squad. Loving it.
:albion2:

Brighton_Rose

Up the Albion!
Aug 13, 2011
Withdean Brighton
Really enjoyed the game, we played v well, really going for it. Glad to see Baldock and Kayal back back, felt like last season. Great atmosphere, felt different with fewer people but we were buzzing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
14,000 attemdance shows once and for all that it doesn't compare to most derbys in this country. Would Southampton v Portsmouth ever draw such a poor crowd? Good to win though, I still enjoy the F A Cup, shame it's lost its status over the years.

Televised live on a cold Monday night in January at St.Fairies, at full ticket pricing, just a few weeks after an identical fixture ... it wouldn’t be a big crowd either.

But if you’re talking proper derbies in huge cities / rivals, e.g. Liverpool, Glasgow, Newcastle ... that’s another level. Last Friday’s 52,500 FAC gate proves that.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Funny these Palace mugs admitting they rely so heavily on a diving cheat.
A diving tw@t who is clearly passing his techniques on to his team mates. How many times last night did we get that Winifred look to the referee after an obvious dive from more than one of them? They clearly work on it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
14,000 attemdance shows once and for all that it doesn't compare to most derbys in this country. Would Southampton v Portsmouth ever draw such a poor crowd? Good to win though, I still enjoy the F A Cup, shame it's lost its status over the years.

Do you seriously seriously think Southampton v Portsmouth would have been a sellout and on a Monday night?what are you taking?
Basically 14.000 is not a surprise.The FA Cup is dead.Monday night.Fans keeping away because of potential trouble.Reserve sides.This was never ever going to be a sellout.It would need for Brighton to play Man Utd in the quarters at the Amex on a weekend afternoon
to have any chance of a sellout.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Roy could barely hide his delight that they were out at the end of the match.

I don't think I've ever seen a manager look quite so happy in a post match interview after losing to a controversial goal in the last few minutes of a match against your rivals. The FA cup just doesn't matter anymore.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
To sum up the game our second eleven is better than theirs which as things stand bodes well for the second half of the season as bookings and injuries start to have an effect and we are looking for the three teams to stay in front of, on the negative side if we had scored half the very good chances we had the game should have been over by half time as such finishing remains our problem we still need a midfielder and goal scorer in this window but then again so do half the teams in this league

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here