hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
No fireworks from Palace off the pitch.

No fireworks from Palace on the pitch.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Very disappointed both teams played the game at half pace. Glad it was won on the night though. Enjoy your trip up north !

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Glenn Murray scoring for us against them in front of the north stand is much better than Glenn Murray scoring for them against us in front of the north stand.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Course he is. Just scored the winner against you for Brighton.

The winner in an FA Cup tie between two heavily weakened teams, the reward for which is a trip to Middlesbrough?

I'll be absolutely gutted if he scores the winner against us at Selhurst in the league, but I don't think this has anywhere near the importance of any of the goals he scored against you for us :lolol:

No fireworks from Palace off the pitch.

No fireworks from Palace on the pitch.

Sako's finish was a belter!

We were rubbish overall though. We just aren't the same side without Zaha.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One of the poorest games I've seen in ages. Should've been a chance for some of our reserve players to stake a first team claim, but instead the likes of Delaney and Souare simply showed that they're finished at the club. Our second string is obviously nowhere near the quality of our first XI, and it showed.

Absolutely no complaints about the result, Brighton comfortably deserved the win. Your players showed more desire, and your goalkeeper isn't Wayne Hennessey which is always a bonus.

Fair comments. As CP have spent £200m over 9 PL transfer windows, I feared your part-2nd stringe players would be superior to ours. Surprisingly, several of your expensive players were not at the races this evening.

BTSport felt Sako got no support all night.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This .... she just wouldn't let it go. I enjoyed the match though.

I think we all just have to accept that the 'story' tonight, in one form or other, was almost inevitably going to be VAR. It had been too hyped beforehand to ignore. So the decision not to maker a formal referral was always going to be 'news'. In actual fact if they had, they would have just allowed the goal to stand. But frankly who cares anyway.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Very disappointed both teams played the game at half pace. Glad it was won on the night though. Enjoy your trip up north !

Yeah it's bitter sweet, a lot of fans couldnt be too bothered I dont think, theres positives with the win, a replay would have been an unwanted mare I think for both sides

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Fair comments. As CP have spent £200m over 9 PL transfer windows, I feared your part-2nd stringe players would be superior to ours. Surprisingly, several of your expensive players were not at the races this evening.

BTSport felt Sako got no support all night.

The trouble is that the majority of that money was spent on players who didn't play tonight. Benteke £30m, Sakho £30m, etc. didn't even make the bench.

The likes of Delaney, Souare (although he gets an exemption in my eyes considering what he has been through) and Hennessey were utterly appalling and shouldn't be anywhere near a PL squad.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The winner in an FA Cup tie between two heavily weakened teams, the reward for which is a trip to Middlesbrough?

I'll be absolutely gutted if he scores the winner against us at Selhurst in the league, but I don't think this has anywhere near the importance of any of the goals he scored against you for us :lolol:

Sako's finish was a belter!

We were rubbish overall though. We just aren't the same side without Zaha.

Heavily weakened ? You made 4 changes to our 8.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Absolutely no complaints about the result, Brighton comfortably deserved the win. Your players showed more desire, and your goalkeeper isn't Wayne Hennessey which is always a bonus.
Imagine if we'd been able to shoot straight :)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
we beat Palace in the FA Cup and I was there.

thought we were poor down the wings other than last 15 minutes when March woke up. Issy played more down middle and was totally ineffective, and our free kicks from the half way line are no better that Under 15s with a CH with a big boot

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Heavily weakened ? You made 4 changes to our 8.

The team we played against Southampton also featured several changes due to the fact that we played twice in 3 days. Of our ideal starting eleven players, three started tonights game.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Didn't think it was dull at all. Entertaining second half. We should have won by more but you have to say it was a cracking goal by Sako. Great atmosphere in spite of the empty seats. Thoroughly enjoyed it - especially Muzzer grabbing the winner.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Imagine if we'd been able to shoot straight :)

Your players made the mistake of trying to put the ball into the corners of the goal. What they should have done was aim straight at Wayne's wrists. Looks like we're signing a new keeper in January and I can't bloody wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here