Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayal

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
A great performance. If love to see him start with Propper. I think defensively he's better than Stephens and more creative too.

Mmmm, not sure , still think Propper is a bit casual on the Ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
A great performance from Beram and did I read/hear that tonight was his first derby v Palace ? Perhaps I am mistaken !

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We've lacked CM cover since Beram and Sidwell have been injured, so good to see him back and he gives us options. Love the man, not as much as I loved Calde or Greer, but lots of love regardless. Bossed the midfield tonight.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Great to see him coming back to form. Seems to able to drive the team forward more than any of our other midfielders

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Best yet and adds competition for places

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Great to see him and Stephens back in partnership, almost as if he hasn't been away. Not so comfortable with Propper on the pitch though

He should play on Saturday - head and shoulders our best performance by a central midfielder this season. Passing is much better than Stephens and Propper. Big decision by Chris and I hope he gets it right because the midfield control hasn’t quite been there this season for us

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He certainly looked back to form tonight, back to the player of two seasons ago. It is a tough decision for CH, I would be very surprised to see him start on Saturday, but at some point he may just force himself into Hughton's first XI

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
A great performance. If love to see him start with Propper. I think defensively he's better than Stephens and more creative too.

You're having a laugh. Kayal is an attack minded midfielder and can drive us forward with the ball amongst other talents, but he is lightweight, often quite rash in the challenge and loses out on the second ball very often due to height/physicality. Kayal has never, and will never push Stephens for a starting place because they are different players, one of the reasons they always clicked so well together as a midfield partnership. As soon as Dale went off I said to my mate we'd lose our edge in midfield, which is exactly what happened.

I think you best ring up our manager with a convincing case on why you feel he has been erroneously playing Stephens and Propper, and often Norwood and Sidwell in the past, ahead of a superior in every aspect Kayal.

He should play on Saturday - head and shoulders our best performance by a central midfielder this season. Passing is much better than Stephens and Propper. Big decision by Chris and I hope he gets it right because the midfield control hasn’t quite been there this season for us

We've had better midfield performances by both Propper and Stephens when we've lost games. Palace were shit tonight. Kayal's passing is much better than Propper's? **** me, there seems to be little reason to play Davy at all.

He performed well in an FA Cup match against fairly poor opposition, a game where his partner managed to score but he conspired to miss the target from 10 yards with no pressure on the ball. Before I'm accused of having some kind of agenda against him, I'm glad he is back, the Stephens Kayal axis is my favourite partnership in all my time supporting the albion.

You're having a laugh. Kayal is an attack minded midfielder and can drive us forward with the ball amongst other talents, but he is lightweight, often quite rash in the challenge and loses out on the second ball very often due to height/physicality. Kayal has never, and will never push Stephens for a starting place because they are different players, one of the reasons they always clicked so well together as a midfield partnership. As soon as Dale went off I said to my mate we'd lose our edge in midfield, which is exactly what happened.

I think you best ring up our manager with a convincing case on why you feel he has been erroneously playing Stephens and Propper, and often Norwood and Sidwell in the past, ahead of a superior in every aspect Kayal.

We've had better midfield performances by both Propper and Stephens when we've lost games. Palace were shit tonight. Kayal's passing is much better than Propper's? **** me, there seems to be little reason to play Davy at all.

He performed well in an FA Cup match against fairly poor opposition, a game where his partner managed to score but he conspired to miss the target from 10 yards with no pressure on the ball. Before I'm accused of having some kind of agenda against him, I'm glad he is back, the Stephens Kayal axis is my favourite partnership in all my time supporting the albion.
Really? That BS you spouted at the top there means I don’t believe you

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Really? That BS you spouted at the top there means I don’t believe you

It's a game of opinions, not sure I care whether you believe me or not. I could easily have called your opinion on Kayal's performance tonight being "head and shoulders our best CM performance of the season" as utter garbage but I tried to be polite. Our manager seems to be on the same page as me though, unless you'd like to name me a single game Kayal has been preferred to Stephens since January 2015.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As good as Kayal was last night we best take into consideration, a la Goldson v Watford, the team (I use that word loosely) he was up against.

The Albion will not have an easier game against a worst opposition this season.
When compared to Middlesbrough, in the next round, this match will look like a charity game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here