Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Kayal

Members
    Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting code you have there. I think Stephens is fairly poor when closed down in this division and has very little skill driving forward. He is my favourite (current) player, so where does that put my credibility upon your assessment?

All of our players have limitations, else they wouldn't be playing for us. So your proviso that I can't critique the players I support up and down the country is utterly baffling.
    Look let's not have a spat for the sake of it. I think your assessment of Kayal's so-called weakenesses is a bit harsh and you are over-reading Hughton's time to Kayal recovery as the player having weaknesses. Think about it - the Championship is a very rugged, physical league - the idea that Kayal could dominate that league yet be found out for physicality in a more technical league doesn't stack up. No one was arguing he should replace Stephens but it's interesting that Stephens yesterday had more confidence going forward than we've seen of late - this when even up against Palace's best selected player in Cabaye. More confidence that Kayal would cover for him - and Kayal did switch frequently from being deep lying playmaker to advanced attacker - his comfort in doing this is unique in our midfielders
    "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by London Irish View Post
      Look let's not have a spat for the sake of it. I think your assessment of Kayal's so-called weakenesses is a bit harsh and you are over-reading Hughton's time to Kayal recovery as the player having weaknesses. Think about it - the Championship is a very rugged, physical league - the idea that Kayal could dominate that league yet be found out for physicality in a more technical league doesn't stack up. No one was arguing he should replace Stephens but it's interesting that Stephens yesterday had more confidence going forward than we've seen of late - this when even up against Palace's best selected player in Cabaye. More confidence that Kayal would cover for him - and Kayal did switch frequently from being deep lying playmaker to advanced attacker - his comfort in doing this is unique in our midfielders
      My underlying point was not to criticise but to suggest Kayal is there to play in a 3, or to compete with Propper for a place (in my opinion). This isn't because I think Stephens is particularly better than him, they both have their strengths and weaknesses (I was more alluding to him being lightweight as a comparison, not in general) I just don't think he can play Dale's role. Sidwell can but he's out.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Despite playing well last night I cannot see Kayal starting ahead of Stephens and Propper but can see him coming on to replace one of them late in a game as CH is prone to replacing players with like for like
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Not convinced by Propper yet. Thought would be far more dynamic.

Kayal is pushing hard for a start now
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Can't see Kayal getting a start in the PL just yet though. Propper is far more mobile and quick around the pitch than he gets credit for. One of those work rates that goes unnoticed a lot of the time but certainly not by the manager. Great to have Kayal back in contention though, superb player on his day.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Napper View Post
      Not convinced by Propper yet. Thought would be far more dynamic.

Kayal is pushing hard for a start now
      I think Propper has been better than Stephens most of the season and particularly lately so if Kayal does come in I would hope it would be for Stephens.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      Despite playing well last night I cannot see Kayal starting ahead of Stephens and Propper but can see him coming on to replace one of them late in a game as CH is prone to replacing players with like for like
      CH is more prone to replacing the no 10 with a 3rd midfielder to shore up the midfield.
      In this great future you can't forget your past

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion100 View Post
      A great performance. If love to see him start with Propper. I think defensively he's better than Stephens and more creative too.
      Agreed. Too many negative sideways and backwards passes from Stephens for my liking, would much rather see him start alongside Propper.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Stephens has stepped up to the Premier League like a fish to water there is no question of him or Propper being replaced at the moment. Kayals best hope is when one of them gets tired and we need to freshen up or Gross gets tired and Propper is pushed forward late in a game especially with Brown gone.

1 Not allowed!
      Simple question:-

Is the midfield currently broken?

The only answer can be - 'no'

so why are people trying to fix it?
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.