Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I could be forgiven for thinking im at River Plate V Boca Juniors

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was told to remove my beanie when entering the ground - WTF ?

Well I saw you at half time and you were dressed like an ULTRA. Hat. scarf over mouth. Just your eyes popping through. What were you thinking?

Were you allowed to watch the second half?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes and didn't they have fun with the poxy thing whirring here there and everywhere. Must have been loads to see whizzing over Stanmer Park and back. I hope they let the Super have a go.

Someone suggested that might have been owned by BT ..who definitely were using something to show the crowd filing off the trains...so maybe best to rest judgement

el punal

For all of you that have posted on this thread - did you enjoy the game? I mean the police and stewards were there for a reason, to stop any trouble occurring. So on the basis that you were going to the match to watch a game of football and nothing else why are you so concerned? You rock up to the ground, go through the turnstiles, watch the match, then leave and go home. Unless of course you don't like the police or stewards, which by the tone of some of the posts on here, seems to be the case. So enjoy the moment, vent your spleen and grind your axe. It will all be sweetness and light for the rest of the season - unless Millwall come a-visiting! :drink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are the people moaning about too many police the same people moaning that the police did not control the game last time?

This.

Its quite laughable how everyone lays into the police for being prepared. If it HAD all gone off, then the same ones moaning on here would've been looking for those police officers to protect them and get the situation back under control asap. The fact that nothing happened and the match passed off without incident will in no small part be as a direct result of the deterrent of the additional police presence.

They don't always get it right, but you'd be glad of them if you needed them.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This.

Its quite laughable how everyone lays into the police for being prepared. If it HAD all gone off, then the same ones moaning on here would've been looking for those police officers to protect them and get the situation back under control asap. The fact that nothing happened and the match passed off without incident will in no small part be as a direct result of the deterrent of the additional police presence.

They don't always get it right, but you'd be glad of them if you needed them.

I didn't think there was anymore police than what you usually find at any game in London, Birmingham etc. for that matter. We have had little trouble at the Amex with an almost invisible police presence for most fixtures over the years. That we see a heightened presence after a really troublesome game, it's just common sense isn't it? Very unusual for us to see so many and I'll admit a bit jarring as a regular, but very understandable.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I didn't think there was anymore police than what you usually find at any game in London, Birmingham etc. for that matter. We have had little trouble at the Amex with an almost invisible police presence for most fixtures over the years. That we see a heightened presence after a really troublesome game, it's just common sense isn't it? Very unusual for us to see so many and I'll admit a bit jarring as a regular, but very understandable.

Exactly.

If we'd had minimal police presence last night, given the GOONFEST that happened last time, people would've been shrieking from the rooftops.

"WHERE were the coppers last night ? Never around when you need them"
"There was always going to be trouble, especially after last time"
"Sussex Police, clueless again"
"They totally lost control. Nowhere near enough police to handle it"

...etc.

They can't win.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Exactly.

If we'd had minimal police presence last night, given the GOONFEST that happened last time, people would've been shrieking from the rooftops.

"WHERE were the coppers last night ? Never around when you need them"
"There was always going to be trouble, especially after last time"
"Sussex Police, clueless again"
"They totally lost control. Nowhere near enough police to handle it"

...etc.

They can't win.
You're just upset you didn't go [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
So six arrests that only consist currently of one charge of actual violence? Not sure how that equates to preventing trouble other than the Sussex Police propaganda dept? Especially as there doesn't seem to have been any actual fighting or attempted fighting or indeed people around to have a fight? I guess Sussex Police also prevented an asteroid strike and a reoccurrence of bubonic plague as neither of them happened last night either?

I may release a statement congratulating myself for preventing trouble in my front room as me and the missus haven't had a row in ages...

Jan 30, 2008
another EMBARRASMENT for Sussex police, going through the motions with nothing to do , just a PR stunt at a cost to the tax payer???
regards
DR

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Michael Santos used to play for River Plate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here