Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I could be forgiven for thinking im at River Plate V Boca Juniors

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The female steward in E1G has just made my son sit down , there is nobody behind us for 10 rows , when i questioned this i was told "you dont want to start arguments with me" she got short shrift to this from our little group, who do these stewards think they are ?

Along in E1A it was opposite, quite a few standing for whole game with no bother where normally they'f be told to sit. Depends on the steward I guess.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I was told to remove my beanie when entering the ground - WTF ?

Me and my 12 yr old son were told to remove our hats as we were being filmed as we entered the ground.

Incredibly over the top tonight. Did I really walk past 6 horses on the way up to the ground from Falmer station?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Me and my 12 yr old son were told to remove our hats as we were being filmed as we entered the ground.

Incredibly over the top tonight. Did I really walk past 6 horses on the way up to the ground from Falmer station?

you did indeed.:lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

id have refused , surely an infringement of.civil.liberties.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Was pathetic, again. Felt like there were more police than fans. Highlight was being told by a policeman on the train that we were lucky there were so many of them around, otherwise we’d have been beaten up.

I’d love to see these people go to a proper derby abroad somewhere.

The police openly admitted they would beat you up? Shocking...

I’d hate to think how Sussex Police would cope with a match on the scale of a Man Utd v Liverpool.

Inept for the first match and over the top in terms of allocation of manpower and resources tonight.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

The elderly steward was quite sweet about it, but I had to have the conversation with the boy about what it can be like and how badly you can be treated as a football fan. He’s been going since he was 6 so he gets it - as he did tonight. None of this lightweight it’s a school night rubbish in this household. Ffs, it was Palace, in the cup and we won. We sleep with smiles on our faces tonight!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
So many contributing factors to the low turnout tonight, but one of the main ones was certainly the complete overraction from the police/club etc from the day the fixture was drawn. Couldn't believe it tonight, never seen such an ott approach. Can completely understand why some people couldn't be arsed with the whole thing and didn't bother. Shame!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Was pathetic, again. Felt like there were more police than fans. Highlight was being told by a policeman on the train that we were lucky there were so many of them around, otherwise we’d have been beaten up.

I’d love to see these people go to a proper derby abroad somewhere.

The police openly admitted they would beat you up? Shocking...

I’d hate to think how Sussex Police would cope with a match on the scale of a Man Utd v Liverpool.

Inept for the first match and over the top in terms of allocation of manpower and resources tonight.

Horses, shields, dogs, silly hats with visors...... seems a bit over the top for Sussex's finest Police Spectators. One wrong move and they will video the crap out of you. Useless tubs of shite would have a collective breakdown at a Millwall/Hammers off.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

You would think but no police use powers under section 60AA criminal justice and public order act to force people to remove any item covering their face. Normally used at times where there is going to be potential disorder.
Would say very OTT for tonight especially a 12 year old.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The club said hats & scarves to be removed at the turnstiles. It was even discussed on Nsc earlier today.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
There were more police than fans at Lewes station 45 mins before kick off. Completely ott, almost as if they were trying to make up for the absolute balls up of the last game.
After the game was equally as bad. Surely Sussex Police should be able to deal with 2000 away fans without all this shite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Come on, be fair, the OB needed a chance to show off their fancy apparel, they don't get much opportunity, got to be shown to not be wasting public expenditure.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The female steward in E1G has just made my son sit down , there is nobody behind us for 10 rows , when i questioned this i was told "you dont want to start arguments with me" she got short shrift to this from our little group, who do these stewards think they are ?

I blame the parents, why would they let their son stand in the East stand in a clear breach of the ground regulations. No wonder we have all this extra security with this wanton behaviour, deserves a 5 game ban for the family.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I blame the parents, why would they let their son stand in the East stand in a clear breach of the ground regulations. No wonder we have all this extra security with this wanton behaviour, deserves a 5 game ban for the family.

I see your North Korean thinking there :wink:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I got asked to remove my beanie. And I said okay.

It was a distressing situation for all those around me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here