Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Hodgson risk Wilfried tonight?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
if only :love:

Yeah your right. Wilf has had no recognition this season at all from the media for his form :lolol:

Just trying to look through the palace boards for the thread on the Brighton player..

Anyhow - safe passage for all at the game tonight.

Some would say you're a one man team and rely on him too much? Anyhow you don't have to worry about him leaving you, no top 6 team will come in for him. Why is that? Is it because he moans every time he falls over or is it he is not actually better than Messi, Ronaldo, et al? I think the term is red and blue tinted specs.

Yea he is a good player and has some skill but just not as good as the Nigles think.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He will have to watch it tonight with the video evidence.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Some would say you're a one man team and rely on him too much? Anyhow you don't have to worry about him leaving you, no top 6 team will come in for him. Why is that? Is it because he moans every time he falls over or is it he is not actually better than Messi, Ronaldo, et al? I think the term is red and blue tinted specs.

Yea he is a good player and has some skill but just not as good as the Nigles think.

He is .

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
The most booked player for simulation in the Premier League's history I believe, so yes, Wilf Zaha is categorically and officially a cheat.

Zaha has been booked three times in the Premier League for diving, one of which was a totally incorrect decision against Leicester as he was clearly fouled and should've resulted in a penalty.

Gareth Bale was booked 6 times for diving.

Why would you deliberately fabricate a "fact" like that, I wonder?

Care to elaborate? Why is he still at Palace? He was the third best player in the world at one point?

He's still at Palace because he's totally settled in South London, he's a Palace fan, and previous negative experiences at United will likely have made him think twice about leaving his comfort zone. This is bad news for Zaha's career, but excellent news for Palace, in that we have been able to hold on to a phenomenal talent for far longer than we should have been able to. When he eventually leaves - probably at the end of the season - we'll be looking at a fee likely exceeding £50m.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
what a load of made up bs. Thats just untrue. Love to see the evidence for that. Has Wilf been booked this season for diving???

Also he is either first or second (cant be bothered to find it) with Hazard as most fouled player season. The facts just dont stack up to the reality.

The fact there is a thread with regards to whether one of our players will be playing tonight says it all. He's just too good for you.

Also I doubt he will play, too crucial for us to risk.

22 players were booked for dives last season, 3 played for Palace, this was a division high. HaHa was one of them.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/22-premier-league-players-booked-10333805

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Zaha has been booked three times in the Premier League for diving, one of which was a totally incorrect decision against Leicester as he was clearly fouled and should've resulted in a penalty.

He's still at Palace because he's totally settled in South London, he's a Palace fan, and previous negative experiences at United will likely have made him think twice about leaving his comfort zone. This is bad news for Zaha's career, but excellent news for Palace, in that we have been able to hold on to a phenomenal talent for far longer than we should have been able to. When he eventually leaves - probably at the end of the season - we'll be looking at a fee likely exceeding £50m.

50m? For a player who failed when he was actually signed by a big club? Not good enough to be a full English international in competitive games?turned down by the last two England managers, who, ironically went on to manage him at club level.

Hmmm, good luck with that.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Again, if he was that good he would be in a top 6 club, he would care more about money than Palace.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

How much of that will Man U be entitled to, please?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
50m? For a player who failed when he was actually signed by a big club? Not good enough to be a full English international in competitive games?turned down by the last two England managers, who, ironically went on to manage him at club level.

Hmmm, good luck with that.

He has improved massively since he left United.

You know as well as I do that everyone in the England camp is kicking themselves for letting him slip away.

When Mahrez leaves Leicester, Zaha will be the best player outside the top 6. £50m is a totally reasonable sum.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
He has improved massively since he left United.

You know as well as I do that everyone in the England camp is kicking themselves for letting him slip away.

When Mahrez leaves Leicester, Zaha will be the best player outside the top 6. £50m is a totally reasonable sum.

I think you are probably correct. That said Wilf has undoubtedly "got away" with some diving this season Tom Daley would be proud of, so no chance Roy will risk him with VAR around tonight.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think you are probably correct. That said Wilf has undoubtedly "got away" with some diving this season Tom Daley would be proud of, so no chance Roy will risk him with VAR around tonight.

Ah but what if they do risk him, and it does catch him....

How cool would that be a red card and lengthy ban with the honour of being the first player in the EPL to be caught.

Saying that he will probably bang in a hat trick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here