Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should we be playing our best team tonight?

Should we be playing our best team tonight?

• No

Votes: 100 71.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 39 28.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Regardless of whether you are going or not should we put out our best team tonight? or as is likely a mixture of first teamers and reserves?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can’t see how this is different to the other poll on the sibject

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No, but at the same time I don't want it to be ALL ressies. A few first teamers would be nice.

Baldock and Hemed up top together please.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Ooooh, is there another poll?

Any road up, no way should we play our first team, some need a break and risk not getting a clout.

Nearly pub time...onwards and upwards.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I've always been a believer in that you should always put your strongest/fittest side out.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I've always been a believer in that you should always put your strongest/fittest side out.

A distraction in what though? What will be will be. We aren't going to win the league, there are at least 4 or 5 worse teams than us in the league.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We’ve had a 7 day break since our last game and have 5 days until our next game. We went out of the league cup early and have 8 fewer league games than last season. I don’t see why Hughton can’t put a strong team out.

Someone might get injured but that could just as easily happen in training.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No - need to do all we can to get 3 points on Saturday. Hoping to see Krul, Uwe, Goldson, Kayal and Baldock at least in the starting lineup, probably with March and Bruno (Knocky, Jose and Schelotto to start on Saturday). Also expecting Skalak to start given CH's press conf comments.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
the match is irrelevant in the bigger scheme of things since Man City will win the cup anyway if they want. there will be a few of first teamers to make it look like we care (Hemed, Schelotto Kayal March for instance), a couple of squd players (BFG, Krull types) and then either those who the club want to put in the shop window or U23 (Ahannach, maybe alzate)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We’ve had a 7 day break since our last game and have 5 days until our next game. We went out of the league cup early and have 8 fewer league games than last season. I don’t see why Hughton can’t put a strong team out.

Someone might get injured but that could just as easily happen in training.

Agreed. If we were playing Wednesday or Thursday then Saturday then I could understand a break but a five day break is more than sufficient to recover. We will probably lose at West Brom anyway.

The irony is the players that really need a break, Stephens and Propper, probably won't get one. Well at least one won't anyway.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
No - need to do all we can to get 3 points on Saturday. Hoping to see Krul, Uwe, Goldson, Kayal and Baldock at least in the starting lineup, probably with March and Bruno (Knocky, Jose and Schelotto to start on Saturday). Also expecting Skalak to start given CH's press conf comments.

Saturday is five days away...They need match fitness !!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A distraction in what though? What will be will be. We aren't going to win the league, there are at least 4 or 5 worse teams than us in the league.

We are just over half way through the season and only 3 points out of the relegation places. I think that is where we should be focusing.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yes it will boost morale

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kayal Hemed, Goodson and Krul are all first team squad players. I imagine Bong or Suttner will play and Scheleto will probably play in place of Bruno. Skalak will replace either March or Izquiredo and I would imagine plenty of dropped first teamers will be on the bench. Really hope that Baldock gets a run out too. Does this sound like a weak team? Doesn’t to me.

Some are making it sound like we are playing the youth team

I will be perfectly happy to see all the players I mentioned above getting a game. All those who are choosing not to go when they don’t even know the match day squad are just looking for an excuse imo.

And no I don’t think we should be playing our normal first team. It’s about time CH gave some of them a rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here