Date: Monday 8th January 2018
Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistants: Scott Ledger, Richard West
Fourth official: Graham Scott
Video Assistant Referee: Neil Swarbrick
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup

TEAM NEWS

Brighton boss Chris Hughton has no new injury problems, with midfielder Steve Sidwell remaining the only long-term absentee because of a back injury.

Connor Goldson, Beram Kayal and Jiri Skalak are all expected to play.

Crystal Palace defender Scott Dann and winger Jason Puncheon are both out for the rest of the season because of serious knee injuries.

Midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek and defenders Joel Ward and Mamadou Sakho are also unavailable for Roy Hodgson.

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson said: "I don't know how many changes I would have made without these injuries, the squad is thin on the ground.

"We'll have a strong, competitive team versus Brighton. We're aware it's a derby game and we'll treat it accordingly. We'll put out a team that we think is right.

"I've only experienced one game of this derby. This rivalry developed while I was working out of the country, not in my earlier years as a Crystal Palace supporter.

"Both sides share the fans' passion and their enthusiasm, this is one of the big games of the year."

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]This will be the third time these two rivals have been drawn together in the FA Cup, with the last tie going to a second replay after the first two games ended in a stalemate in December 1976.
    [*=left]Brighton have failed to score against Crystal Palace in four of their last five encounters in all competitions, including each of the last three. In contrast, the Eagles have failed to score in three of the last four.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have progressed to the FA Cup fourth round in seven of the last eight campaigns, falling at the third round stage in 2015-16 against Hull City.
    [*=left]Since being eliminated at this stage in three successive seasons between 2010-11 and 2012-2013, the Eagles have reached the fourth round in each of the last four seasons, including an FA Cup final appearance in 2016.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looking forward to seeing some of the fringe players. I think CH will put out a strong side, Kayal, Krul and Goldson are hardly youth team players are they?

It seems it means little to many Albion fans but putting one over on Palace will make my week. Losing will ruin it. A game without the pressure of three points and it’s a Derby, what’s not to like.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
There are nearly as many refs as there are players.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just sorting out my toolkit

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It seems it means little to many Albion fans but putting one over on Palace will make my week. Losing will ruin it. A game without the pressure of three points and it’s a Derby, what’s not to like.

Nail on head, Icy. It's the Cup. It's Palace. It's at home.

Bragging rights at stake (until mid-April at least) with a confidence-boosting win.

Opportunity for a player to become a cult Albion hero.

Let's do this.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Let's hope something happens which requires the VAR! :lolol:

It should be an interesting evening, whatever happens with the game.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Nail on head, Icy. It's the Cup. It's Palace. It's at home.

Bragging rights at stake (until mid-April at least) with a confidence-boosting win.

Opportunity for a player to become a cult Albion hero.

Let's do this.
Too right

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Looking forward to seeing some of the fringe players. I think CH will put out a strong side, Kayal, Krul and Goldson are hardly youth team players are they?

Amen, personally I can't wait:albion2:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Wish I could have got there but still at work. Not to worry. Will scramble home and go to the pub with my daughter to shout nervously at a screen.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Being greedy, relegation avoided would only be a bit more important than an FA Cup trophy. So I hope the club takes this game quite seriously.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Leaving work to watch this one on the sofa, Monday night games are a c**t to get back home from. Last game I missed was 9th September and we know how that went :rock: Bring it on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here