Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I thought solly was dreadful as was the Colombian on the other wing!

I am glad you though that because I was of the same opinion. Sally looks off form and the Colombian, well I was just waiting for him to ignite. It will happen in my opinion and last night was their ideal opportunity. I still enjoyed the game though and thought Kayal and Stephens were excellent. Palace, Sako apart did not look interested.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
says in my username.... Those who bleat on about people not turning up usually live in Sussex with relatively short journeys.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sherlock you astound me with your wisdom.....

You know what I am on about and it is not the likes of you, it has been said on this and other threads, 12-14k cant all live far away and our so called rivalry is not as big as some think.

Just disappointed at the attendance really, it was a good game and atmosphere and could have been a lot better with another 5k on top, shame that is all.

I kind of look at it like this, we tell people we hate Palace and they hate us, some great rivalry that is special, we are after someone like Dembele he thinks ok let's have a look see what I could potentially join it must be good and tunes in to BT Sport to watch a stadium just over half full for a derby game, and we have the cheek to Scottish football monkey tennis, when he has a Celtic / Rangers game to compare. Things like that do not work in a our favour you know, other teams will look at that and say tinpot and you know what it was. and it could have been so much better.

Yours Mr Happy but Sad freakout

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are there highlights to be seen anywhere other than BT?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks peeps

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I suppose the train strike didnt have anything to do with attendence? mines a four hour drive BTW cant do mid week, one has to work for a living still unfortunately.

Definitely, but not to the tune of 6K+.

Only about 1K would have been out off by transport difficulties and memories of bad evening trains as such as the strike and expected cancelled trains. The poor atmosphere at the last Palace game and the the non-appearance of the younger fan and family would be about 2K I would guess, and being on TV would have accounted for about 3K missing. A few hundred would be lost, perhaps a thousand because of work commitments, and cold weather which is usual for January games another 1K for the lurgy or other commitments as is usual for weekday games anyway.

The only regulars I know missed the game is because they could watch it on TV. Next time others will miss it because of the trains (could not get home). Atmosphere was good last night after the game warmed up. But the atmosphere was so bad at the last Palace game, why not watch it on the TV?

So mixed reasons, but I think it is the connecting trains is a big factor as this is combined with all the other reasons. i.e. the final deciding factor.

PS: I forgot, did playing the reserves in an FA Cup match put people off? For over 65s the non concessionary price prove too much?

Was the match deliberately kept low key? Did the London reputation for carrying knives put people off?

Last edited:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Very disappointing turnout but I enjoyed the game. Glad I flew in for it and that late winner saved me trying to use two more days holiday for the replay!
We have a winner!

Locals with your excuses, please note.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Mine in the North stand was £15. My husband paid £25 for his.

Lower East was £25, no concessions. North Stand seemed to be quite full.

Not the way value for money when Bruno is not playing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Finally we gain revenge for the playoff defeat :rock:

We are now in the PL, above palace in the league, and have knocked them out of the FA Cup.

We lead 38-35 in victories, maybe it is palace that is actually in shadow.

Long may it continue.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Finally we gain revenge for the playoff defeat :rock:

We are now in the PL,above palace in the league, and have knocked them out of the FA Cup.

We lead 38-35 in victories, maybe it is palace that is actually in shadow.

Long may it continue.

Congratulations on the win, We were dire first half, better second half. Hey ho, Concentrate on the league and all that...Lets see how the rest of the season pans out shall we before there is any talk of shadows :D

Revenge for the play off defeat? Seriously? If it meant so much why didn't your customers turn up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here