Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apparently according to Radio Sussex the VAR was asked about the winner and he said it was ok as it went in off of his hip; . that is what wife said when she picked me up.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just got home. What a brilliant night.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
FFS Murray!

Ah the world is in balance once more.
History will record that Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club won the first competitive club match in England with VAR in use.

And they beat their rivals Crystal Palace Football Club.

With a former Palace player scoring the winner.

Love it.
Amen.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Better than expected. Baldock and Kayal knocking on the door of the first team. If only they could shoot!

kjgood

I get that, and understand, but don't tell me 14k other fans live the same distance as you away, not having that.

You know aswell as me there is a fair amount of flakes supporting the club now we have good times.

I suppose the train strike didnt have anything to do with attendence? mines a four hour drive BTW cant do mid week, one has to work for a living still unfortunately.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I suppose the train strike didnt have anything to do with attendence? mines a four hour drive BTW cant do mid week, one has to work for a living still unfortunately.

Like I said there are plenty that due to work, and travel could not make it, but 12-14k of them, nah I am not buying it, it is a fact our support has swelled in recent years and last nights attendance is a reflection of that, and like a thread yesterday, last nights attendance minus 2k Palace fans is probably our core support, and when times are tuff that is where we level out if tuff times come again.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We are blessed with good CB's and it was a good test for them last night. Apart from the slip Hunemeier had a good game with a nice calm headed assist at the end following a great free kick from March. No one looked out of place, they can all rotate, and that's a good sign for the last 16 games and maybe a Cup run.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We are blessed with good CB's and it was a good test for them last night. Apart from the slip Hunemeier had a good game with a nice calm headed assist at the end following a great free kick from March. No one looked out of place, they can all rotate, and that's a good sign for the last 16 games and maybe a Cup run.

I thought solly was dreadful as was the Colombian on the other wing!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I thought solly was dreadful as was the Colombian on the other wing!

I think he's (Solly) looked out of sorts for some time now, which is a shame given how he started the season. I think Izquierdo was well marshalled by a good, fast full-back..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here