Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Doesn't have to be either. Have Baldock on the bench, but instead of the usual like-for-like Murray for Hemed (or Hemed for Murray) substitution bring on Baldock to change the pattern. Simples.

But we come back to the same point, as demonstrated tonight, Baldock is not considered to be a main goal threat, but as a foil for a big man (Murray/Hemed). Unless Hughton completely changes his tactics of the season so far he won't bring Baldock on for Murray or Hemed (unless maybe we were comfortably winning a match).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Never mind it was the FA Cup and sparsely attended.

Following a draw in the League and irrespective of the teams fielded and the disappointing turn out, a win was a great result and confidence giver for our visit 'there' to come !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
History will record that Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club won the first competitive club match in England with VAR in use.

And they beat their rivals Crystal Palace Football Club.

With a former Palace player scoring the winner.

Love it.

And first ever FA Cup tie between the 2 clubs at the Amex :clap2:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Any videos available yet of the goal? To prove either way..

It was a goal, Dave. I saw it on TV, Dave. And they had VAR, Dave. And the referee said it was a goal Dave. It was a goal, Dave. Dave, it was a goal. It was a goal Dave.

(with acknowledgement to Red Dwarf).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But we come back to the same point, as demonstrated tonight, Baldock is not considered to be a main goal threat, but as a foil for a big man (Murray/Hemed). Unless Hughton completely changes his tactics of the season so far he won't bring Baldock on for Murray or Hemed (unless maybe we were comfortably winning a match).
....or uncomfortably losing. Which, after all, is the ideal time for a manager to try something different. Baldock and Gross might well work very well together - we don't know; for that reason I've no time for the 'Baldock can't do that' mentality.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Well played Albion, you wanted it more than us.

And there was a certain symmetry to Murray getting the winner against us.

My pint of Harvey's was excellent. The bit in the centre of my pie was tasty, but most of it consisted of hard dry pastry.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What a game. What an atmosphere. What a game to miss..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
....or uncomfortably losing. Which, after all, is the ideal time for a manager to try something different. Baldock and Gross might well work very well together - we don't know; for that reason I've no time for the 'Baldock can't do that' mentality.

So clearly you know better than our esteemed manager (and me :lol:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here