Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you 1 of the 12 Albion fans banned follow Palace game?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I knew that bans had been handed out to some of our fans but it wasn’t my place to say until news officially broke.

I didn’t know that some fans had already been through court - has that been reported anywhere at all?

There does, so far at least, seem to be a bit of a difference in how seriously both clubs take this. Albion: lengthy bans. Palace: don’t travel to Brighton tomorrow night and here’s your money back.

It does look as though Palace fans who said Parish and the club were too scared to take action against a certain group of their fans my have been correct.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
7 supporters from both clubs prosecuted - is that 7 from each, or 7 in total? If that, how many were Palarse and how many Albion, do we know?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The club has issued banning letters to a dozen additional Albion fans - excluding them from home and away matches until the end of the current season after they were captured on video breaching stadium rules.

So not naughty enough for a police prosecution but naughty enough to get a ban for a few months........i wonder what actions constitute this sort of ban?

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
The club has issued banning letters to a dozen additional Albion fans - excluding them from home and away matches until the end of the current season after they were captured on video breaching stadium rules.

So not naughty enough for a police prosecution but naughty enough to get a ban for a few months........i wonder what actions constitute this sort of ban?

Probably standing when you're not in back 4 rows

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I knew that bans had been handed out to some of our fans but it wasn’t my place to say until news officially broke.

I didn’t know that some fans had already been through court - has that been reported anywhere at all?

There does, so far at least, seem to be a bit of a difference in how seriously both clubs take this. Albion: lengthy bans. Palace: don’t travel to Brighton tomorrow night and here’s your money back.

It does look as though Palace fans who said Parish and the club were too scared to take action against a certain group of their fans my have been correct.
It does seem that Prince Charming has just tipped off his fans that they won't be let into the Amex and given them their money back rather than actually apply any sanction to his hoolie 'mates'.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

It won't be for much .

I know a couple of these are for a confrontation so what the club appear to be saying is ..... if anyone starts on you or gets in your face then under no circumstances must you respond or we will ban you .

Would even suggest having sing offs with opposition fans you are putting yourself in a situation that can be used against you .

If you happen to know any people that may in their life of not been whiter than white then you WILL be on the clubs banning radar and be very careful what they can use against you .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, have ANY Palace fans faced any charges or similar following the league game at the Amex?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
So even though most of Palace’s own fans wanted something done about the black hooded brigade Parish still hasn’t acted? Very odd.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I was not in the know of the bans prior to them being announced this morning. Seems to be an important issue to clarify based on the OP.

However, in my limited itk experience both clubs should meet in the middle with this. Albion should stop the futile search for the theatre going fan that generates an atmosphere. They don't exist. East stand is a decent demonstration of this. Palace should grow a pair and out their twatish element that they have actively supported to date. They are the only club in the league to sponsor what is becoming, or very close to becoming, a 'firm'.

We have history of completely over the top reactions without need for any law breaking. It's ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
We have history of completely over the top reactions without need for any law breaking. It's ridiculous.

Are we that different from other clubs though? I've read plenty of examples of people getting banning orders for non-prosecutable behaviour.

One thing I may add is that the Palace side of the PR on this has been very good. They've painted it very much as our club being to blame and the police making it worse. Their sainted thugs have been horribly slighted by it all, the poor kids.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
we have irrefutable video evidence of misbehaviour

If that is the case then surely there is grounds for criminal prosecution?

I hope similar efforts are being made to punish the police officers that provided the false information regarding the knives and knuckle dusters.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I have no words on how soft all this bollox is , so NOBODY was arrested and charged for letting off what by now have become IED's in the away end that night , but a bloke sticks his finger up ends up in court , gets his picture in the argus and loses his job ! fair cop , massive pats on the back all round there .

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Anything that goes against ground regulations, such as throwing something on the pitch. It's not a criminal offence, but can be a banning.
Whenever we buy a ticket, we agree to these terms & conditions, whether we like it or not.

It's equivalent to being banned from a pub.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Are we that different from other clubs though? I've read plenty of examples of people getting banning orders for non-prosecutable behaviour.

One thing I may add is that the Palace side of the PR on this has been very good. They've painted it very much as our club being to blame and the police making it worse. Their sainted thugs have been horribly slighted by it all, the poor kids.
Possibly. I feel we are one of the worst, one of the most corporate, but have sod all to compare us to other than how we were.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
we have irrefutable video evidence of misbehaviour

If that is the case then surely there is grounds for criminal prosecution?

I hope similar efforts are being made to punish the police officers that provided the false information regarding the knives and knuckle dusters.

That blame was already shifted to stewards.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here