Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Concerts 2018

Alestorm @ Concorde2
Half Man Half Biscuit @ Kentish Town
Iron Maiden @ O2
Europe @ Dome
Love Alestorm. Not to everyone's taste as they're a bit silly, but I will no doubt have a very fun night drinking a lot of Rum.

Got a few locked in already. No doubt a load more will get added throughout the year:

EMP Hardcore Tour feat. Hatebreed, Madball, Power Trip and more at Kentish Town Forum.

Alestorm at Concorde 2.

Both of the Evening With Machine Head shows at The Roundhouse.

Iron Maiden at Birmingham Int Arena

Bloodstock Festival. Buzzing to see Judas Priest for the first time (and on my birthday as well!!) plus Gojira and more. Will be my first time at Catton Park. Heard many good things about the festival so expecting a much more chilled experience than Download in 2016...and hopefully less rain too!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Where have all the boot boys gone?
Lewes apparently :rock:

But no luck they've all grown up.
They drink tea from a cup.
Some get married and settle down.
Others they leave for a foreign town.

:laugh:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Will Hoge at the Prince Albert in February
All three days at Country To Country in March
Brothers Osborn at Concorde2 in May
...and keeping an eye out for any other country music that heads over this way.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Rockaway Beach this weekend at butlins Bognor with Peter Hook, The Orb, The Horrors, Snapped Ankles, Wild Beasts, British Sea Power, Alabama 3, Gang of Four. Tickets still available...

Morrissey at Brighton Dome
The Cure plus masses of amazing support at Hyde Park
PSB at the Dome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
So far this year

My Daughter performing in the Young voices Choir at he O2 this month :)

Imagine Dragons @The o2
Foo Fighters @The London stadium

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Saw them last year. J. Willgoose, Esq is a genius. He even communicates via his computer to the audience.

He's started talking to the audience now (as of last November at least), which was a bit of a surprise at first. With a few of the old computerised messages thrown in for effect.

I like the fact that over here they are still a pretty small band, meaning they still get to hang out by the merchandising stand flogging their own T-shirts and chatting with the audience after the gig. Genuinely nice lads.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Oh, and so far...

Depeche Mode on Saturday (first time for me since I saw them supporting Psychedelic Furs in 1981, around the time New Life was released, so expecting a bit of a change...).
Bryan Ferry in June
Best Kept Secret festival in June (LCD Soundsystem, The National, Chvrches, Preocccupations, ...Trail of Dead, etc.)
Pukkelpop festival in August (no bands announcement yet, but it's an annual thing)

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Oh, and so far...

Depeche Mode on Saturday (first time for me since I saw them supporting Psychedelic Furs in 1981, around the time New Life was released, so expecting a bit of a change...).
I saw them on their 1981 tour, 2nd August, at Jenkinsons along the seafront (part of the Odeon complex). Bizarrely they did a matinee show at 5pm, which was the one I went to. Still had Vince Clarke with them at that point. They were headlining the Brighton show, and no idea who supported! I do remember a cracking remix of Tainted Love being played before they came on though...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Lloyd Cole, March in Guildford.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
I saw them on their 1981 tour, 2nd August, at Jenkinsons along the seafront (part of the Odeon complex). Bizarrely they did a matinee show at 5pm, which was the one I went to. Still had Vince Clarke with them at that point. They were headlining the Brighton show, and no idea who supported! I do remember a cracking remix of Tainted Love being played before they came on though...

My one was July, I think, at the Hammersmith Palais. :thumbsup:

Edit: It was June 2nd - https://www.depechemode-live.com/wiki/1981-06-02_Hammersmith_Palais,_London,_England,_UK

Google is a marvellous thing...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hazel O'Connor plays Farncombe Music Club, April 21 in Godalming. The venue is in St John's Church. Saw China Crisis there last year, Kiki Dee and others-great little place!

bhadiv1

Apr 28, 2009
Saltdean
So far gig wise :

I saw local pop punk band Last Seen Alive at the Hope and Ruin (on Saturday), well worth seeing.
This Friday taking my son to see Paramore at the 02
Stiff Little fingers @ Concorde in March

Vaccines at Ally Pally in April

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Going to see Paramore at the O2 on Friday.

Also got tickets for the London community festival headliners Two door cinema club with support from you me at six & the vaccines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Also, rather hopeful to get tickets for Phil Campbell and the ******* Sons when they go on sale on Wednesday.

Jul 7, 2003
Also, rather hopeful to get tickets for Phil Campbell and the ******* Sons when they go on sale on Wednesday.

Heard one of their tracks on Planet Rock radio the other day and was pleasantly surprised how good it was. Will try to listen to more and might join you there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here