Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many points do you think BHAFC will end up with ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have studied the next 16 games and it is a tough run in and that is a worry especially if we do not sign someone proven at this level to find the net. I have got us at 37 points and that will be very touch and go. What do you think ?
A lot more than those p rats who said we'd beat Derby's record predicted!

I've no idea how many we'll get, but I think it will be just enough; more relaxed if we do land this mythical striker after, but I think we'll just get by even if we don't (but I hope that isn't club policy!)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
A lot of talk about a striker yet Izzy had two glorious opportunities to give us the three points against Bournemouth. He's fast, can shoot from distance and is resilient on the ball, is this not what so many are calling for? We have all the tools we need to stay up, 46 points.
So you think we'll escape injuries like the first half of the season and rely on a 34 year old striker to last the season as baldocks a waste of space and hemed won't score hardly.

We will get injuries and we desperately need a pacey striker or two as izzy isn't the answer :)

The players are required now and not a last bid desperation signing or two at the end of Jan.

We won't stay up with this current squad as it's been a great first half but other clubs have a far bigger and better squad in depth than us. :)

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Of our home draws I think we deserved to beat each of Everton, Burnley and Bmuff. That’s probably 6 points lost. Stains, Stoke and Palarse draws were fair results IMHO. Away, Swansea was probably 2 points gained and at Man U I think we deserved a point so I reckon overall we’re probably about 5 points down on where we could have been, which is a damn shame but it is what it is. Key point is we’ve dropped points and still aren’t in the bottom three; I personally believe we are probably (just about) good enough to stay up. Feb is crucial: only 3 games, Wet Sham and Swansea at home and Stoke away. If we bag 6-7 points there I reckon we’ll get to 37/38 and (just) avoid the drop. If we fluff Feb then we’ll leave ourselves needing a couple of massive results against 1-2 top 6 teams – which seems unlikely but not impossible. Before then, we simply have to perform at West Brom and Stains. Our fate will be sealed via our Jan and Feb results. It’ll be close. Every game is going to be a cup final and I can’t wait - never a dull moment at the Albion!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Of our home draws I think we deserved to beat each of Everton, Burnley and Bmuff. That’s probably 6 points lost. Stains, Stoke and Palarse draws were fair results IMHO. Away, Swansea was probably 2 points gained and at Man U I think we deserved a point so I reckon overall we’re probably about 5 points down on where we could have been, which is a damn shame but it is what it is. Key point is we’ve dropped points and still aren’t in the bottom three; I personally believe we are probably (just about) good enough to stay up. Feb is crucial: only 3 games, Wet Sham and Swansea at home and Stoke away. If we bag 6-7 points there I reckon we’ll get to 37/38 and (just) avoid the drop. If we fluff Feb then we’ll leave ourselves needing a couple of massive results against 1-2 top 6 teams – which seems unlikely but not impossible. Before then, we simply have to perform at West Brom and Stains. Our fate will be sealed via our Jan and Feb results. It’ll be close. Every game is going to be a cup final and I can’t wait - never a dull moment at the Albion!
Rose tinted specs as Bournemouth deserved the win and had double the amount of shots and hit the woodwork :)

Agree with the rest:thumbsup:

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Rose tinted specs as Bournemouth deserved the win and had double the amount of shots and hit the woodwork :)

Agree with the rest:thumbsup:

You may be right about Bmuff - I've been wearing blue and white tinted specs for over 50 years now! :ascarf: I had rather hoped that had Jose put away his "one-on-one" at 2-1 we'd have held on to win. Sadly, it was not to be and their "pinball" equaliser simply rubbed salt in the wound.:(

I really hope we stay up, not least for TB's and CH's sake, as well as the players and fans. With our squad and (limited) strike force it would be nothing short of a minor miracle. One thing that has impressed me is that, Liverpool aside (and that was 3-1 until very late), we haven't been humiliated. If we can just develop a bit more bite up front (and stop conceding silly goals from set pieces!) we should be able to survive and, hopefully, build on that for next season.:thumbsup:

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
I'm hoping come the last few games teams like man u, Liverpool etc have confirmed where they have finished in the league and decide that the players going on world cup duty be rested

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Enough.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I suspect that the total needed to stay up will be low as there are so many teams involved. But without reinforcements I fear for us. If we lose Murray at this point we are screwed. We have to get another striker, we simply have to...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Its an old football cliche but seems very appropriate now take each game as it comes. The outlook however doesnt look promising which rather surprises me that TB and PB would allow that to happen without doing something to change it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
37Games.JPG

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
39 points - 17th place finish

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills