[Albion] The definitive 'Why are you NOT going to the Palace match?' poll

What factors affect your decision?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Near me sits people that come from Milton Keynes. Portsmouth, Bristol and Tunbridge Wells. If extra time game doesnt finish until gone 10. If working next day and with game on TV I doubt if I would attend

The fact that you think extra-time is played in the 3rd round of the FA cup suggests that you aren’t exactly a big football fan anyway. Probably best you stay at home.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Do you think it will impact the match in April?

No we will sell that one easily as will be a game we and they need to stay up so sure the hype will return. The sad thing is I would have been gutted to miss a palace game in the cup in any of my previous 35 years supporting the albion but thanks to TV scheduling this game has become a total non event! I still hope we smash the twats though obvs.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I don’t understand the ‘It’s a reserve team game’ argument. Is that what people really go to football for? To see specific players play? How the hell did these people cope for 90% of our entire history when our players have been shit?

It's not about specific players, it's about effort and application.

Putting out a half-baked team (totally understandable given our PL position) is not an attractive 'sell'.

(Arsenal fans would probably agree this evening)

It’s almost as strange an excuse as ‘it’s a Monday night’, when we got almost 30,000 for the might of Stoke City the last Monday night we played.

That's been covered extensively elsewhere.

Fewer than 5000 fans bought a ticket for that match (and many of those were at £15).

Thousands of STH didn't/couldn't go.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Putting out a half-baked team (totally understandable given our PL position) is not an attractive 'sell'.

Fewer than 5000 fans bought a ticket for that match (and many of those were at £15).

I still don’t get it. Maybe I go to football for different reasons.

FA Cup, biggest rivals = small crowd.

Modern football is shit, it really is. Makes me question the whole thing, and makes me more and more interested in non-league football. I’m going to end up like Return of the Rev if I’m not careful.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I see lots of justifications. I don't feel the need.

I simply don't fancy spending 25 quid on a reserve match that is on the box.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I still don’t get it. Maybe I go to football for different reasons.

FA Cup, biggest rivals = small crowd.

Modern football is shit, it really is. Makes me question the whole thing, and makes me more and more interested in non-league football. I’m going to end up like Return of the Rev if I’m not careful.

Ok, so what do you find more offensive: CH not putting out a full-strength team or the lack of interest by some Albion fans?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Ok, so what do you find more offensive: CH not putting out a full-strength team or the lack of interest by some Albion fans?

Both. But most of all Man Utd ruining the FA Cup by refusing to take part in it all those years ago. That’s what started the downfall. Modern football is shit.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Wenger has won the cup 3 times in the last 4 years putting out "half baked" teams ok it didnt work this year but we would give our right bollock for just one of those wins so i doubt sensible Arsenel fans would agree with youl.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If this were a first choice XI v first choice XI, a game treated by both clubs as worthy of the rivalry, I'd be all over it. I'd be struggling to sleep tonight as I was the night before the league game. Tomorrow I'd be a mess until I got an early train over to Brighton and got my first pint on the go.

But the clubs aren't, and we all knew they wouldn't as soon as the draw was made.

There is nothing to be gained by winning for either side: "You beat our reserves - so what? See you in April when it really matters."

And, ultimately, that is why I am OUT.

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Too* far for a Monday night. I'm not taking any holiday time off for an FA Cup match.

*see spelling--spelled correctly

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Come on, someone on this thread must have woken up this morning and thought “ ****, this is Palace we are talking about, I’ve changed my mind and have decided to go”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here