Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The sad demise of Joe Hart

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Could Ryan qualify as Australia was once in the British Empire :)

Too tiny to be an England keeper even if we could rush through a change in nationality. It would be like having Ronnie Corbett in goal.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Hart is class. There's no need to claim he's lost it just because he's not had a great season. What about every other player who drifts in/out of form? Goalkeepers are expected to maintain higher standards than almost anyone on the pitch and the smallest mistakes are very costly.

Butland and Pickford are both very good too.

There's no sad demise. Just that we've actually got a decent set of English goalkeepers for the first time in a while!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
From England and Man City’s number one goalkeeper to West Ham’s reserve and cup team goalkeeper in the space of 18 months. Sad to see.

Still think he is one of our best goalkeepers and I’d like to see him get a number one spot somewhere so he can compete for his England place.

It's been a culmination of a number of years of decline though, not just the last 18 months. Pellegrino dropped him for Pantillimon in about 2014 and took a month to get his place back I seem to recall. Then he lost his place again to Caballero a year later, then was sent to Torino, then West Ham. His form and confidence have been dropping for about 4 years, that's not the mindset to be taking with you to a World Cup in my opinion.

He's one of our 3 best keepers, yes, but Pickford and Butland are both better and more consistent.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
People defending Hart have clearly not watched him play recently, I cant claim to have seen more than a couple of games last season when he was at Torino but he is not the player some people still believe he is.

Hopefully Southgate gives Pickford or Butland a chance before the World Cup to stake a claim.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'm slightly confused about the clamour of some to have him as England's number 1 still. He has clear deficiencies in his game that have cost his teams time and again when it really matters. Yes, he did well enough in qualifying, but he barely faced a challenge of note. His inability to dive properly to one side and when dealing with shots from distance really should have been eradicated a long time ago, but they haven't been and illustrate his lack of progress - it just isn't good enough.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...one-significant-weak-spot-opposition-players/ - this is just one of numerous online pieces of information to support the argument. Go on youtube and you'll find enough clips of his weaknesses to further support it.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
The design of a modern stadium. Most new grounds are built with where the sun will be at normal 3pm kick off in mind. Most try to make sure it's behind the main stand so it casts less of a shadow on the pitch. It's certainly the case with how the Amex was built.

All tennis courts are built north to south. Fact.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
All tennis courts are built north to south. Fact.

Apart from the ones at Wimbledon, right?

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 12.10.05.png

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes have you seen Hart

Yes and I'd still pick him ahead of Forster! Forster has been absolutely dreadful for about a year now and was finally dropped by the scummers last week. Did us a favour though by pushing Murray's header into the net.

Hopefully neither of them will be in the squad though. Pickford, Butland, Heaton and Pope should all be ahead of them. Hart might be a decent third choice just for his experience and I think he's a good bloke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here