Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The sad demise of Joe Hart

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the problem with most modern keepers is the manner in which they make a decent stop or save but push the ball back into the 6 yd box rather than past the post for a corner. Emphasis however is put on how they distribute the ball from the back. To my mind and it may be old fashioned but their main job is to stop the ball going in the net anything else is secondary.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
that coming from a supporter of a team that has Lloris as their No 1. who IMHO is their weak link.He makes some fine saves but lets in a lot of soft goals.

I mean, he does your right.

But he also pulls off saves Hart can only dream of and isn’t on West Ham’s bench after being dropped.

Also, I’m not sure what the French international has got to do with England?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
To my mind and it may be old fashioned but their main job is to stop the ball going in the net anything else is secondary.

Yes, it’s a redundant way of thinking about football in the modern way. Tell that to Guardiola. Ederson at City passes the ball around like a midfielder with their high press. The closest to doing this at other clubs are Lloris and DeGea.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Talk of Hart's demise are greatly exaggerated.

He's a top goalkeeper, and he was always going to play at Shrewsbury, that was his first club.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Hart has a fatal flaw in his game in that he seems unable to dive to his right. Not the best trait in a keeper

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From England and Man City’s number one goalkeeper to West Ham’s reserve and cup team goalkeeper in the space of 18 months. Sad to see.

Still think he is one of our best goalkeepers and I’d like to see him get a number one spot somewhere so he can compete for his England place.

Leaving aside his goal keeping attributes or shortcomings, his inability to actually control a ball with his feet and distribute it is good enough reason why he isn’t a number one keeper in a Premier League Team now...imo. The fact that Ryan seems to be able to play football with two feet and not panic with a big hoof everytime he gets a back pass is one of the things I love about him :smile:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought Hart played very well against Brighton stopping two one on ones against Glenn Murray and nearly getting to the Izquierdo curling shot.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought Hart played very well against Brighton stopping two one on ones against Glenn Murray and nearly getting to the Izquierdo curling shot.

Felt he should have saved the Izquierdo shot, weak hand. He did get a full hand to it, but thankfully it still went in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Sorry to all those that disagree, but he is arguably the worst keeper in the Prem and probably half The Championship. Faces one on ones like a static giraffe, so doesn't dive to left or right. Poor on distance shots as he has developed a habit of bouncing on his toes, so never ready to dive when the shot comes in. Poor on crosses. Really disappointed that David Moyes immediately identified the problem and dropped him. He shouldn't be anywhere near an England place.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Surprised that Matt Ryan hasn't been mentioned yet.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
To say Hart should be #1 is surely the definition of insanity.

I'd rather Butland be given a longer run in the side, perhaps Pickford too - both are capable of the odd howler, granted but have room and time to improve. Hart has had his day.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anyone who is earning +100k a week, and still feels the need to do a wanky Head and Shoulders advert deserves everything they get!

He has lovely hair, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here