Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The sad demise of Joe Hart

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Tottenham need to look for better than Lloris as I said he makes some good saves but also lets in some howlers especially from long distance.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Pope from Burnley maybe? He’s been very good.

He has been very good, but he, like Gunn, Walton and a majority of other names, are all relatively inexperienced, especially at the top level. In the case of Pope he's 25 but has only played just over 100 games and nearly half of those have been League 2 level. It shows how thin we are when it comes to experienced keepers at the top level. At least Pickford has spent a season and half being first choice in the Premier League now, even if one of those seasons was for Sunderland.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I believe that Hart is unjustly maligned. based on Guardiolas views when he took over at City. I also think that he will be our No 1 in the World Cup.

He does make some very good saves, but IMO the trouble is he makes the simple things look difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You dont very often see keepers wearing caps nowadays where it used to be common..

In the good old days many stadiums had an open end or shallow terracing in part or all around, nowdays most stadiums are huge bowls with little or no sunshine ever hitting the pitch. As for Joe, it is a remarkable descent from the top, he just seems to do too many howlers. he's going to have to work very hard to get back to being a top 3 goalkeeper for England.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Little bit tongue in cheek but I do believe that Hart is comparable with Lloris.

Lloris is so much better than Hart. IMHO Hart has a fatal flaw in his foot movement, in particular with free kicks. His distribution is also very ordinary. I'd much rather have Matt Ryan than Hart every day of the week.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I always thought Hart WAS a good keeper, but his fall from grace shows no sign of stopping, he's been on a steady decline for the past 2 years.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
File Hart with the list of England keepers that showed great promise in their younger years and showed a great decline in their late 20’s.

See also:

Paul Robinson
Scott Carson
Ben Foster

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
You dont very often see keepers wearing caps nowadays where it used to be common..
With the low winter sun and chilly weather maybe a return to the flat cap and wooly poloneck combination wouldn't be a bad idea.
PA-8355285.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Was a weak link in England side for years. Has finally been found out. Hoping he won't be considered for national side again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here