Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Estimate our hardcore support.....

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Whatever turns up on Monday night is probably a fair estimate. However I look round the stadium at the final whistle and often think that’s the hard core. It’s maybe 10k, no more.

Spot on.
People can't really consider themselves part of our core support when they're on their toes on the 78th minute so they can get home for a bit of Ant & Dec.This an F A cup game against our BITTER rivals tomorrow night and people are dripping like sceptic ring pieces about transport,get a a grip .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The first 4/5 years were and many ticket applications exceeded 20k at the withdean....Naturally that shite hole would wain on fans as the weather and facilities were unreal.

That's true. The first few years tickets were balloted.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you really have to ask? Cold, wet, no shelter, minimum facilities.

Funny how people see things differently. I bloody loved going to Withdean, and boy did we have some great times there.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yes. Surely the definition of hardcore is you go to every game including Doncaster on a cold Tuesday night in January when in league 1. Loyal fans can be all home games.

I am loyal with the odd away game, certainly not hardcore.

spot on

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Surely the question should be how many can you get into The Railway Bell! Oi Oi

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Nah, in the promotion frame even in League 2 we’d get 20k imo. 10k max if we were struggling. We do fair weather better than most.
Agreed - people watch a winning team regardless of the division the team is in. So we’d still get 20k plus in the bottom division, but is that “hardcore”. Surely hardcore is watching your team regardless of how it is performing? If so that’s probably around 8-10k.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thats just it TB some people ARE better fans .

How do the club benefit from away fans? Until The Amex I went to most away games but I cannot be bothered now with all the standing at matches etc so leave it to the younger fans like my sons to take my place but it doesnt make me any the less a supporter of BHA. In days gone by we drove as a family to games up north and while the boys and I went to football my wife did the weekly shop to take advantage of the cheaper prices.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Surely how many went to most of the Gillingham 'home' games were the hardcore (I'm not one of them). That season after the exhilaration of surviving in 97 was pretty grim, with only Doncaster to save us.

These days I would expect the hardcore to have grown a bit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Amusing thread that captures the vagaries of human viewpoint. What is hardcore? I am aware of folk who have not missed a game, home or away (give or count neart death etc) for 20 plus years. Is that the bar? Set them against 20 years a season ticket holder, 10 away games; Withdean ST holder but can't afford it at the Amex so occasionally; now retired so **** it, I'll go home and away....

For what its worth I agree with @alfredmizen : 6000

Don't ask me why. Gut feling. And its probably exactly the same for most of the top 40 sides in the pyramid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here