Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Estimate our hardcore support.....

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
In light of the ticket sales for the Palace FA Cup match looking like its going to result in around 10,000 unsold seats in our home end, what do people estimate our current hardcore support to be? And by hardcore I mean fans that will go to pretty much every game they can.

I don’t post this with any issue towards anyone not going to tomorrow’s match because everyone has their own reasons.

But it is something I’ve generally had my own thoughts on over the years. For example, in the last few years at the Goldstone I felt it was around the 6-7,000 mark and pretty much the same at Withdean. The time at Priestfield was obviously lower due to the circumstances.

Now, I think we are probably around the 15-18,000 mark. And I base that on how I honestly think it would be if for example we found ourselves in League 1 in August 2019.

Of course we get higher attendances but I think this Palace cup tie is a good measure of hardcore support.

Over to the good folk on here....

*Lights blue touch-paper and stand’s back*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is only going to go in one direction when El Pres gets involved.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
22K commit to paying hundreds of pounds for a season ticket. That's hardcore imo.

Anything else, is I'm a Better Fan than You.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
22K commit to paying hundreds of pounds for a season ticket. That's hardcore imo.

Absolutely this. Because of who we are and where we are, even in L1 we would still play to between 15-20k.

Some of the people who have been getting exercised about the empty spaces tomorrow night are not realists, are probably young (ish) with too much time and money on their hands (and little responsibility I might add).

And anyone wishing to bawl me out about not being there tomorrow night would need to be very, very, very confident of their Albion watching record before they did....

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You only have to think back to when we slipped through the divisions at the Goldstone when crowds were down to around 8k. I know quite a few fans who gave up in those days and I have no doubt they’d give up again once if we slipped back to League One and weren’t competitive in it. If we were up the top I can see us going back up to 20k. Whether we have more hard core fans than others I don’t know but I think we’d lose most of our season ticket holders after a couple of bad seasons and sitting around 15th in League One.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here