Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kevin Gameiro

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Interesting. Why the spike in 90’s Kevin’s ? ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently something to do with the popularity of the films Dances with Wolves starring Kevin Costner and the film Home Alone whose principal character was called Kevin. Both films were released in 1990 after which, the year following, there was a huge surge in its popularity. Gameiro was born in 1987 so his parents were obviously trailblazers in that respect and weren't merely jumping on the bandwagon. There is something of a stigma attached to the name Kevin in France now as its deemed rather "common".
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....how-a-hollywood-naming-craze-swept-france/amp

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Kevin appears a somewhat weird name for a Frenchman, however, on completing a little research into the matter 1 in 10 boys in the 90's in France have been called Kevin.

Of all the striker rumour related stats this is by far the best. Great research.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Paul Merson: "Who's that Kevin Gallileo fella Jeff? Never heard of the geeza in my life. Why aren't Brighton going for proven English talent like Danny Graham?"

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Interesting. Why the spike in 90’s Kevin’s ? ???

I'm guessing out of respect for the great Kevin Bremner. His exploits would have had a massive impact on the minds of young impressionable teenage fans in the late 80's, who by the time they were have children of their own 5-10 later, would have inevitably gone down the Kevin route.

I played out a similar dance with the great Kieran O'Regan. Oh, what a player. He scored a cracking volley into the North goal (memory says vs Pompey, but can't be sure now), and at that moment I vowed to myself, that the name of my first born will be Kieran.

Surely there was a similar moment for many as Bremner rose like a salmon to head us in front against Bristol Rovers.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm guessing out of respect for the great Kevin Bremner. His exploits would have had a massive impact on the minds of young impressionable teenage fans in the late 80's, who by the time they were have children of their own 5-10 later, would have inevitably gone down the Kevin route.

I played out a similar dance with the great Kieran O'Regan. Oh, what a player. He scored a cracking volley into the North goal (memory says vs Pompey, but can't be sure now), and at that moment I vowed to myself, that the name of my first born will be Kieran.

Surely there was a similar moment for many as Bremner rose like a salmon to head us in front against Bristol Rovers.

Big news in France back in the day I’m sure

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Whys this deal taking so long to complete?

You’d think Kev would be chomping at the bit to join us ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here