Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Ladies First - Sexist Slur??

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's never been so dangerous to be a man.You basically have to keep miles away from children who are not yours or women who are not your partners to escape any false accusations.Having said you also have to be very careful around your partner.The rules are being changed constantly in favour of women whether that is to make cases of rape or sexual assault/harassment easy to convict or laws for women's right's.Women fight for their right's.They march and protest constantly whilst we sit on our backsides.They want equality when it suits as we all know.It will get worse.Personally if I had a job for a large organisation which employed many women I would either leave or be very very careful around them.

It's really not as complicated as all that. I find I generally avoid raping kids and women people pretty much leave me alone.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I don't think it's sexist, but I don't expect it either. If a man offers me their seat on the bus/train I usually say 'I'm OK thanks' (except bendy buses because it better for everyone if I'm seated). I don't see why they should give me their seat.

If anyone is struggling with pushchairs, bags or whatever I open the door for them out of consideration

Same! I don’t expect a man to open a door for me, if they do it’s nice, just a courtesy. I would hold a door open for a man if I thought it would help him. I would give my seat on a bus to anyone who I thought needed it more then me.

I really don’t like these type of articles, because it’s nonsense. there are many women and men that are suffering real injustices.

If the men on here are struggling with what they can say and what not to say, I am equally confused about what I should find offensive.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
It's really not as complicated as all that. I find I generally avoid raping kids and women people pretty much leave me alone.

You missed the recent cases of innocent men almost being convicted of rape ? Even if you don't rape you will probably be put away.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
I can understand people being offended. Sexism is treating people differently because of their gender. Therefore shivelress traditions are by definition sexist because you’re treating women different as a result of their gender.

As a man it’s easy to not notice these small things but they all add up in a small way to undermine women.

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
It's sexist and demeaning, and I don't care if individual women think so or not. These kinds of things are absolutely undermining to the cause of gender equality.

If you're one of the men whining about having to change your behavior to make our entire society safer and less oppressive for half of all people, I really don't find what you have to add valuable. But by all means, if you're too God damn stupid and lazy to open a book and make even the slightest effort to understand what it's like to be from a marginalized population, by all means throw around the term snowflake all you like. I understand how much easier that is.

One of the most laughable things is the narrative that white men are now oppressed because the destructive patterns of abusive and oppression that have existed in western society in antiquity are coming under scrutiny for the first time in human history. Yea, it's much harder to be a white man than it is to be a woman who has a 1 in 4 chance of experiencing sexual assault in their lifetime. It's more difficult to have to not use demeaning terms to coworkers in your office than it is to experience a 30% wage gap just because of your gender. It's much harder to not street harass women than it is to spend every moment you spend in public in a state of hyper-vigilance. To think false rape reports is even close to being an issue of any kind of relevance compared to actual rape is obscene.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
It's sexist and demeaning, and I don't care if individual women think so or not. These kinds of things are absolutely undermining to the cause of gender equality.

If you're one of the men whining about having to change your behavior to make our entire society safer and less oppressive for half of all people, I really don't find what you have to add valuable. But by all means, if you're too God damn stupid and lazy to open a book and make even the slightest effort to understand what it's like to be from a marginalized population, by all means throw around the term snowflake all you like. I understand how much easier that is.

One of the most laughable things is the narrative that white men are now oppressed because the destructive patterns of abusive and oppression that have existed in western society in antiquity are coming under scrutiny for the first time in human history. Yea, it's much harder to be a white man than it is to be a woman who has a 1 in 4 chance of experiencing sexual assault in their lifetime. It's more difficult to have to not use demeaning terms to coworkers in your office than it is to experience a 30% wage gap just because of your gender. It's much harder to not street harass women than it is to spend every moment you spend in public in a state of hyper-vigilance. To think false rape reports is even close to being an issue of any kind of relevance compared to actual rape is obscene.

I'm assuming you are a female feminist activist ?

Yes men are having to change their behaviour.I am not taking about those who need to find another hobby instead of rape,I am talking about not having any exchange,verbal or by text with a female in case of any false accusations/misunderstandings.I'm not sure most women share your viewpoints.I don't think
many women care about total equality and infact like a man to look after them although they should look after themselves.Remember that whilst there are active feminists who protest and fight for rights,those women who don't care are not heard because you don't protest when you are not angry.

Have you ever looked at the amount of men that are abused in whatever way?I'm sure you have and know the numbers are high.You would also know that most men probably would not report abuse because of the embarassment or because when a partner has struck me for example it doesn't have the same impact often then when a man hits a women.Not to say it shouldn't be reported but most of us just put up with it and soak in the hypocrisy of women throwing around abuse figures.

When you say it's sexist and demeaning do you speak for all women?Who are you to speak on their behalf?

Yes there are many men who have to change their behaviour.There is much that is totally unacceptable.There is a long way to go and true equality and proper behaviour from both sides will never be reached however we are just talking about opening doors here.Men do not do it to offend,to be sexist.They do it just to be polite.We are trying to adjust our way of behaviour to understand what women these days want.If you want us to treat you as blokes and show no consideration whatsoever then we are slowly learing that.However when it backfires please please don't whine about it.

False rape reports is a very very big issue especially if you are the guy who's life is going to be destroyed even if you are found innocent.Men are named because we have to be scapegoats to encourage women to come forward.Rape is obscene and letting free rapists who have attacked scores of women and are let out after 8 years is obscene. However it's not an excuse to marginalize white men and change the rules of rape to make it easier and easier to put us away to appease the militant feminists out there.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

It’s ridiculous to suggest that in the UK currently women as a whole are marginalized, perhaps in the past but definitely no longer. That’s not to suggest that sexism towards Women doesn't exist but Feminists cause division by making broad sweeping statements like this, with the use of the word patriarchy and by completely ignoring any examples of inequality towards men. I would argue that even the word feminism should be abandoned in favor of something that points towards actual Gender equality.

Its easy to produce stats that point to gender equality issues on both sides, for example in the UK Women are 35% more likely to go to university than Men, if this was the opposite way around Feminists would be camping outside every university in the country and using it as an example of them being discriminated against.

Sometimes however its important to look behind the stats, for example you mention the pay gap which is held up as an example that there is broad sexism towards Women within the workforce, however the stat simply lumps all pay together and creates an average and this ignores an important factor, choice. My wife for example put a management career with the NHS on hold to have children and came back on part-time hours, it was her choice to prioritise having children over her career and I supported her in that. This is a situation that has been replicated across all of my friends and with the 40 women that I employ on part time hours, the vast majority of which have chosen to do so to enable them to spend more time with children and grandchildren or in fact in some cases just to have a better work life balance. In fact Women are three times more likely to be part-time workers than men and this is important because part-time work on average attracts lower hourly rates. Equal pay for women who are in the same position as Men is an entirely different matter and it is illegal in the UK to discriminate in this way.

Society in general expects Women to make these types of choices and for their partners and employers to support them to do this however a few years ago when I wanted to moderate my hours to spend more time with my children I was met with a hostile response from my employer. I ended up handing in my notice and taking a career break despite the derision from my employer and some of my own family who couldn’t understand how a man would risk giving up a well-paid job and a career. I certainly didn't receive the same level of understanding that a Women would who wanted to spend more time with their kids.

Many Men have been conditioned their whole lives to believe that opening doors for Women is the polite and proper thing and many Women still expect their men to do these things and its therefore not surprising that they are suddenly confused at being labelled as sexists. It is unhelpful to simply blame men without recognising the fact that Women also have their part to play in establishing and maintaining gender roles.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Same! I don’t expect a man to open a door for me, if they do it’s nice, just a courtesy. I would hold a door open for a man if I thought it would help him. I would give my seat on a bus to anyone who I thought needed it more then me.

I really don’t like these type of articles, because it’s nonsense. there are many women and men that are suffering real injustices.

If the men on here are struggling with what they can say and what not to say, I am equally confused about what I should find offensive.

I'm confused too. I feel I've offended people because I declined the offer of their seat :(

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's never been so dangerous to be a man.You basically have to keep miles away from children who are not yours or women who are not your partners to escape any false accusations.Having said you also have to be very careful around your partner.The rules are being changed constantly in favour of women whether that is to make cases of rape or sexual assault/harassment easy to convict or laws for women's right's.Women fight for their right's.They march and protest constantly whilst we sit on our backsides.They want equality when it suits as we all know.It will get worse.Personally if I had a job for a large organisation which employed many women I would either leave or be very very careful around them.

Are you not getting any?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
To be honest. I'll only hold a door open if i want to look at their tits or ass

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
(I had a great joke lined up about your mother but don't want a ban)

Is this one of those cricket sledging type “jokes”? I very much doubt you’d get a ban.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

You have decent points and then you undermine them by your attack on white men. Equality shouldn't be solely about sticking up for one group over another. It's about dealing with ALL of the issues that EVERY group faces equally to improve everyone's lives. This form of feminazism drives a bridge further between the genders and if you're too ignorant to see that and to not care about the issues outside of a preset group of issues that the media demand you care for, then your claim to care about equality makes you as bad as the people you're attempting to slay.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It’s ridiculous to suggest that in the UK currently women as a whole are marginalized, perhaps in the past but definitely no longer. That’s not to suggest that sexism towards Women doesn't exist but Feminists cause division by making broad sweeping statements like this, with the use of the word patriarchy and by completely ignoring any examples of inequality towards men. I would argue that even the word feminism should be abandoned in favor of something that points towards actual Gender equality.

Its easy to produce stats that point to gender equality issues on both sides, for example in the UK Women are 35% more likely to go to university than Men, if this was the opposite way around Feminists would be camping outside every university in the country and using it as an example of them being discriminated against.

Sometimes however its important to look behind the stats, for example you mention the pay gap which is held up as an example that there is broad sexism towards Women within the workforce, however the stat simply lumps all pay together and creates an average and this ignores an important factor, choice. My wife for example put a management career with the NHS on hold to have children and came back on part-time hours, it was her choice to prioritise having children over her career and I supported her in that. This is a situation that has been replicated across all of my friends and with the 40 women that I employ on part time hours, the vast majority of which have chosen to do so to enable them to spend more time with children and grandchildren or in fact in some cases just to have a better work life balance. In fact Women are three times more likely to be part-time workers than men and this is important because part-time work on average attracts lower hourly rates. Equal pay for women who are in the same position as Men is an entirely different matter and it is illegal in the UK to discriminate in this way.

Society in general expects Women to make these types of choices and for their partners and employers to support them to do this however a few years ago when I wanted to moderate my hours to spend more time with my children I was met with a hostile response from my employer. I ended up handing in my notice and taking a career break despite the derision from my employer and some of my own family who couldn’t understand how a man would risk giving up a well-paid job and a career. I certainly didn't receive the same level of understanding that a Women would who wanted to spend more time with their kids.

Many Men have been conditioned their whole lives to believe that opening doors for Women is the polite and proper thing and many Women still expect their men to do these things and its therefore not surprising that they are suddenly confused at being labelled as sexists. It is unhelpful to simply blame men without recognising the fact that Women also have their part to play in establishing and maintaining gender roles.

The words you're looking for in paragraph one is egalitarianism.

Otherwise a fabulous post. We really are getting to a stage where if we seek real equality, men's issues need to be front and centre in the media thinking in the way feminist issues are.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
There is not equality between men and women because men generally are stronger physically/mentally, are better working things out,leading,inventing etc etc.I can't say they are more intelligent as probably overall women are more serious about studying and probably do better academically. However intelligence does not mean you can apply yourself better in the real world.

This is the reason most relevant positions in society are held by men.This is why we build bridges,roads,invent,fight wars,fly planes,head companies/goverments and I could go on and on.Women of course have their niches where they are more capable but in general men have a big advantage.

This is only what everyone already knows.If it is sexist prove me wrong.

Ask 100 feminists if they want all of the relevant positions to be swapped overnight for just women and the majority will say no.When push comes to shove even they know why there is not true equality.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
There is not equality between men and women because men generally are stronger physically/mentally, are better working things out,leading,inventing etc etc.I can't say they are more intelligent as probably overall women are more serious about studying and probably do better academically. However intelligence does not mean you can apply yourself better in the real world.

This is the reason most relevant positions in society are held by men.This is why we build bridges,roads,invent,fight wars,fly planes,head companies/goverments and I could go on and on.Women of course have their niches where they are more capable but in general men have a big advantage.

This is only what everyone already knows.If it is sexist prove me wrong.

Ask 100 feminists if they want all of the relevant positions to be swapped overnight for just women and the majority will say no.When push comes to shove even they know why there is not true equality.

Do they have signs available that say "Misogynist here"?

If so, there's one with your name on it for next Christmas.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Do they have signs available that say "Misogynist here"?

If so, there's one with your name on it for next Christmas.

I expected that.It's so much easier to hurl insults rather than counter with a valid argument.
You haven't done that because you have no argument plus you are probably a PC liberal
who doesn't want to offend women.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I expected that.It's so much easier to hurl insults rather than counter with a valid argument.
You haven't done that because you have no argument plus you are probably a PC liberal
who doesn't want to offend women.

I only counter valid arguments with valid arguments.

What you posted was a pile of misogynistic rubbish, and got the comedic yet pointed response it deserved.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here