Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Ladies First - Sexist Slur??

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It will be a very sad day when militant feminists wipe out chivalry.Many women,infact I would guess from my experience that most like to be treated like a lady.Also there are plenty of men who enjoy being chivalrous.I've never had it backfire on me.The militants do not speak for the majority.Before they spout off they should do their research and find out what women really want. Feminism seems to be an issue for a small minority but they seem to have a big voice and they are using it to drive a wedge between men and women.

I don't necessarily disagree with the principle of what you're saying (shock horror). The problem is your sample size. When you start a sentence with the words "Many women, infact, I would guess from my experience..." suggests that you're dealing with a very small sample size (and a sample size that could massively be affected by the kind of woman that you personally deal with or attract), which undermines your latter points about feminists' demands for others to do research and the claim fact that only a small minority have a big voice. You only need to see the #metoo campaign on Twitter recently to see that a large portion of women (and men!) are affected by one of the big issues that feminism claims to try to be fighting.

As to your overall point, I agree, it will be a shame if chivalry is wiped out. But I find it to be a highly unlikely occurrence because there are far too many women who benefit from male advances (which suit them) to ever truly allow it to die a death. On a positive note though, women are much more willing to pay their way now, which means more disposable income for men to spend at the football.

Ciao punk:

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
I don't necessarily disagree with the principle of what you're saying (shock horror). The problem is your sample size. When you start a sentence with the words "Many women, infact, I would guess from my experience..." suggests that you're dealing with a very small sample size (and a sample size that could massively be affected by the kind of woman that you personally deal with or attract), which undermines your latter points about feminists' demands for others to do research and the claim fact that only a small minority have a big voice. You only need to see the #metoo campaign on Twitter recently to see that a large portion of women (and men!) are affected by one of the big issues that feminism claims to try to be fighting.

As to your overall point, I agree, it will be a shame if chivalry is wiped out. But I find it to be a highly unlikely occurrence because there are far too many women who benefit from male advances (which suit them) to ever truly allow it to die a death. On a positive note though, women are much more willing to pay their way now, which means more disposable income for men to spend at the football.

Ciao punk:

Grazie sussex guy per il tuo messagio allora voglio dire questo:

When I say from my experience it's not just from my experience.It's from what I see generally,read generally etc.I am personally pretty sure if you did a poll of 1000 women as to whether true equality/kissing goodbye to chivalry is important to them more would say no then yes.Alot more.I personally deal with/attract.have spoken to all kinds of women from all kinds of backgrounds.Test it out.Make a point to ask every woman you talk to over the next month.The issue of feminism is something they rarely bring up.Regards the MeToo campaign,let's leave the hypocrisy of Hollywood to one side and deal with the real world.

As for more women being willing to pay,I have noticed very little difference here over the years and that's what I get from my friends also.Equality for many women stops where paying is concerned and getting custody over children.

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
Yes we see feminists attacking other women all the time. Common thing, sisterhood only exists as long as you agree with the screaming left wing harpys.

Can we also tackle the issue of gold digging hos in society? It's an epidemic.

White men have been oppressed for a long long time. Only idiots group them all into one big group.

Do you think you are more oppressed than all the Jewish men the Germans killed? What about all the Irish men who were oppressed, you're more oppressed than them too?

Go to a war memorial and see all that female privilege for all it's glory when you read name after name of men killed while the women had the good fortune to not have to deal with such horrors. White male privilege indeed :rolleyes:

Your retelling of history is horse shit.

Well, first of all, I'm a white man, so no, I don't think I face more oppression than any of those groups you mentioned.

Power dynamics are fluid, and especially in the US, where whiteness itself is a powerful position, the definition of white, and who and what is white, changes. Once upon a time, only white protestants of Anglo origins were considered "white". Jews, Italians, Irish, Catholics and other Christian groups of all ethnicities were discriminated against, herded into ghettos, treated differently in courts of law. In time, those groups have become part of the white majority, as they've assimilated into American society. Hell, the area I grew up in, Italian was the most common ancestry. No one in 21st century America isn't getting sentenced to a stiffer prison sentence because their last name is Rosetti.

I'm a Greek-American, and Greeks faced centuries of oppression under the Ottoman Empire, culminating with a mass genocide in the Turkish Republic less than a hundred years ago. Does that affect me today? No, because I'm not a Greek speaking Christian on the Black Sea coast in 1900. I'm a white American.

Power dynamics shift country to country, too. I still wouldn't want to be a Catholic in Northern Ireland, but Catholic people here are in positions of power, have created powerful institutions, and have become a part of the white majority. Jews were targets of institutional discrimination in Nazi Germany, and now run a powerful state in the Middle East that runs similarly oppressive campaigns against Arabs. Middle Eastern Muslims were not long ago just a small minority in the US that, in a lot of cases, were assimilated white Americans. For the last two decades they've been the target of relentless profiling and discrimination. See how this stuff works?

Your example of war is illustrative of another oppressive struggle in modern society, between the elite and working classes, and there's all the evidence you need.

Your willingness to provide accurate examples of oppression of white populations throughout history, while denying the existence of those same struggles for non whites and women (among others) just illustrates the fact that you're willingly ignorant, and believe whatever will forward your agenda.

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
I'm assuming you are a female feminist activist ?

Yes men are having to change their behaviour.I am not taking about those who need to find another hobby instead of rape,I am talking about not having any exchange,verbal or by text with a female in case of any false accusations/misunderstandings.I'm not sure most women share your viewpoints.I don't think
many women care about total equality and infact like a man to look after them although they should look after themselves.Remember that whilst there are active feminists who protest and fight for rights,those women who don't care are not heard because you don't protest when you are not angry.

Have you ever looked at the amount of men that are abused in whatever way?I'm sure you have and know the numbers are high.You would also know that most men probably would not report abuse because of the embarassment or because when a partner has struck me for example it doesn't have the same impact often then when a man hits a women.Not to say it shouldn't be reported but most of us just put up with it and soak in the hypocrisy of women throwing around abuse figures.

When you say it's sexist and demeaning do you speak for all women?Who are you to speak on their behalf?

Yes there are many men who have to change their behaviour.There is much that is totally unacceptable.There is a long way to go and true equality and proper behaviour from both sides will never be reached however we are just talking about opening doors here.Men do not do it to offend,to be sexist.They do it just to be polite.We are trying to adjust our way of behaviour to understand what women these days want.If you want us to treat you as blokes and show no consideration whatsoever then we are slowly learing that.However when it backfires please please don't whine about it.

False rape reports is a very very big issue especially if you are the guy who's life is going to be destroyed even if you are found innocent.Men are named because we have to be scapegoats to encourage women to come forward.Rape is obscene and letting free rapists who have attacked scores of women and are let out after 8 years is obscene. However it's not an excuse to marginalize white men and change the rules of rape to make it easier and easier to put us away to appease the militant feminists out there.

Well, you've assumed wrong. I'm a straight male, and I wouldn't call myself an "activist". These are just basic things our society has evolved to recognize on a basic level. These aren't radical ideas, they're ideas that people who might exist on the periphery of these movements, or not at all, understand exist.

So there goes your narrative of being attacked here by a "militant female feminist". I'm just a person, who very much thought the things you did when I was a teenager, grew up and educated themselves.

False rape is an extremely rare issue, and is blown up to combat appeals to reform our deeply sexist society. Just like "All Lives Matter", and other reactionary movements and narratives, no one was crying about false rape until rape came to the forefront of public consciousness. People want to keep their elevated social positions, not adjust their behavior, and get a piece of that victim narrative for themselves.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Well, you've assumed wrong. I'm a straight male, and I wouldn't call myself an "activist". These are just basic things our society has evolved to recognize on a basic level. These aren't radical ideas, they're ideas that people who might exist on the periphery of these movements, or not at all, understand exist.

So there goes your narrative of being attacked here by a "militant female feminist". I'm just a person, who very much thought the things you did when I was a teenager, grew up and educated themselves.

False rape is an extremely rare issue, and is blown up to combat appeals to reform our deeply sexist society. Just like "All Lives Matter", and other reactionary movements and narratives, no one was crying about false rape until rape came to the forefront of public consciousness. People want to keep their elevated social positions, not adjust their behavior, and get a piece of that victim narrative for themselves.

Utter tripe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here