Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Ladies First - Sexist Slur??

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lolz. On a similar note, I always hold the door open for women. Is that considered sexist too?

No, it's fine as long as you make it absolutely clear that you're doing so purely out of the goodness of your heart and that it has nothing to do with them being a woman. "After you mate" should make it OK.........

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
No, it's fine as long as you make it absolutely clear that you're doing so purely out of the goodness of your heart and that it has nothing to do with them being a woman. "After you mate" should make it OK.........
I'll keep that in mind for next time ☺

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I consider myself to be quite well mannered and considerate: previously opening doors for women, the elderly, etc. Nowadays the elderly or infirm will get the door held open for them. The new feminist inspired Ms Angry can open the bloody door themselves. If I arrive at a door first I'm going through first. I won't let the door slam into the person behind me but old fashioned chivalry is long dead thanks to the attitudes of modern feminists who wouldn't know manners if they hit them in their bollocks.

Same to giving up seats-you want equality...

Unless it's the annoying Man Utd fan in my office who's behind me. He tends to find that the door closes slightly quicker than he was expecting, but I don't think he's worked out why yet!!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No doubt those women who think this sexist, will still expect to go first if there is chaos on the trains or buses

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
You were dumped this week weren't you ?

By the way, my office is 75% female. It's not a concern. You see, I don't think of them as the enemy.

No I wasn't.I just detest feminism.

Watch out for that 75%,one day they could put you in jail(So there's 3 of you and 2 women?)

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Some women just don’t act like ladies anymore. Our society has gone backwards in this respect. I don’t want women to act like blokes.

Too late for especially where younger women are considered.They are like blokes.Drink like us etc.You can't be romantic with a girl these days.She will think you are a creep.Take her flowers and she will dump you.Buy her fags and a pint and she will marry you.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Double post

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Usually how sexist they find it is directly proportionate to how attractive they find the man holding the door open for them. As they say in “Man’s not hot” - “basic maths”.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You can't be romantic with a girl these days.She will think you are a creep.Take her flowers and she will dump you.

If this happens it generally means she doesn’t find you attractive, not that she’s a feminist.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Parents with children is the “first” which frustrates me. For example, why should they get for free the same priority I have to earn/pay for on airlines? I appreciate kids are difficult to carry around etc but you should try carrying some of the shit I have to....it’s not easy.

I know you're joking but it's primarily so they can get the pushchair into the hold. No-one in their right mind wants to be first onto the tin can and I'm genuinely shocked that people pay for priority boarding.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Dark day when my snooker club allowed ladies to play snooker gave a lot of older members heart attacks they now run the club and it would die without them.:facepalm::thumbsup:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I work in a quite large 6 floor office building with 6 separate lifts. There must be 2,000 plus people who work in it and the lifts are always busy. It is interesting to me that whenever the lift stops, women are always the ones who get out first. Sometimes because the men are chivalrous and sometimes because they just leave in the knowledge they expect it.

It is very rare for a man to get out before a woman even if they are in a rush.

I’m not entirely what this means, particularly in the context if this thread, but I find it very interesting nonetheless....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
It can also mean that she is creeped out because these days girls have toughened up and are not into the whole opening doors/flowers bull.

I have to disagree, Toughened up, I would only apply that to women who foul mouth in public.

Personally, I have come across both types in this modern day. I always hold the door open if a woman is either following me into a building or coming out of it.

The Smart attractive ones 99% of the time either smile or say thanks, or both.
The half bloke looking ones or just plain spiteful looking ones, will either wait until you pass through or just glare at you.

Or If she is younger maybe early 20's but not exactly friendly looking, She will stop and say "what the ****, are you doing".

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Chivalry has been well and truly murdered by ungrateful bitches.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
There appears to be a completely new set of rules for life now, compared to those of my generation.
I am 70 next birthday and whilst hating my increasing decreptitude and inability to down as many pints as I used to, I am ,nevertheless, quite relieved that I am not a young person trying to navigate the new social etiquette.
Oh well, perhaps they manage it and it is just the oldies who can't quite get their heads round it, but somehow, I don't think so.???

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The fight back has begun. We've got to give them what they want.

c8f40c7b6d367fc2662ced6345f4d6b4.jpg

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
I have to disagree, Toughened up, I would only apply that to women who foul mouth in public.

Personally, I have come across both types in this modern day. I always hold the door open if a woman is either following me into a building or coming out of it.

The Smart attractive ones 99% of the time either smile or say thanks, or both.
The half bloke looking ones or just plain spiteful looking ones, will either wait until you pass through or just glare at you.

Or If she is younger maybe early 20's but not exactly friendly looking, She will stop and say "what the ****, are you doing".

'What the ......are you doing?lol. Those are the militant lesbians.

I think alot of opening the door for someone is about the practicality of how you and the other person are positioned rather than to
be chivalrous.For example if I beat someone to open a door who is on the other side then it's easier to let that person through first
whether it's a man or women and I have been the one to be let through many times.From memory I don't often open the door for a woman
just to be chivalrous.I will usually just walk through first and hold the door open long enough for he to grab it.

It's an age thing I guess so from now one I will do this.

Women 40+ / Open the door.
Women 28-39 / Consider it based on your hunch
Women 27 and under / Let them go f... themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here