Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Ladies First - Sexist Slur??

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Meanwhile in the rest of the world people are dying and starving and stuff.

It's the triviality of this equality debate that gets me. Is there really an issue here??

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not for me , if they’re too feeble to open a door for themselves then they can stay out in the cold for all I care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I hang around quite a lot of left wing people and I have never heard this discussed as being a problem in life.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Going on the tone of the posts on this thread there is only one person arguing and getting offended in the pursuit of their crusade.

Gone through the posts and clearly seeing numerous responses of same nature so quite what you’re trapping off about I don’t know?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sorry, what was the original point being made ?

Ladies first ? No, not really. Unless there is reason for it, of course. Other than that it's common courtesy to open doors etc for one and all.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I was brought up to respect women and be a gentleman, if in doing so I'm now seen as a sexist then so be it... my GF loves the way I treat her.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I've got a strict 'Gentleman first' policy in my family. The women don't complain. Everyone's happy. Job done.

I don't see the harm in selecting a specific gender to go first in life, if it be women or men (men preferably). Therefore, saying "ladies first" isn't sexiest at all, but just plain stupid.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I've got a strict 'Gentleman first' policy in my family. The women don't complain. Everyone's happy. Job done.

I don't see the harm in selecting a specific gender to go first in life, if it be women or men (men preferably). Therefore, saying "ladies first" isn't sexiest at all, but just plain stupid.

Millennial?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I’m also old fashioned and will open a door for others and allow them to go first - I use the P&R and regularly offer my seat to those obviously in greater need of a seat than myself, (despite not being the healthiest myself). I have not once seen any youngster do the same and I think that’s a shame.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I’m also old fashioned and will open a door for others and allow them to go first - I use the P&R and regularly offer my seat to those obviously in greater need of a seat than myself, (despite not being the healthiest myself). I have not once seen any youngster do the same and I think that’s a shame.

Sign of the times, unfortunately manners and politeness seem to be seen as unfashionable. shame.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Parents with children is the “first” which frustrates me. For example, why should they get for free the same priority I have to earn/pay for on airlines? I appreciate kids are difficult to carry around etc but you should try carrying some of the shit I have to....it’s not easy.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Parents with children is the “first” which frustrates me. For example, why should they get for free the same priority I have to earn/pay for on airlines? I appreciate kids are difficult to carry around etc but you should try carrying some of the shit I have to....it’s not easy.

Been reading your posts for years now HT and you still crack me up lol.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I’ve always done Lesbians first but now i’ve Decided trans gender first then lesbians, followed by heterosexual ladies just to make sure that I’m in line with all the Guardian readers.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I got sacked for standing aside and saying "Ladies first".

Shame, I used to enjoy clearing land mines.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Anyone see the excellent ‘This Morning’ yesterday morning? A hot debate over whether saying ‘ladies first’ is sexist? Seems the majority thought it was, what are NSCs thoughts?

Offered my seat on the tube to a woman before Christmas,
"Are you offering a seat because I'm a woman."
Me"no, I'm offering to give You My seat because you're pregnant."She quite clearly wasn't pregnant,just a salad dodger but it wiped the smug expression off the fat ***** grid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Slightly different problem for me. On the way into work, someone may hold the door open for you for which I will say Thanks. There is another door directly after, followed by a 3rd fire door immediately after that and up to 3 more if they work in the same direction as I do.

I sometimes stop for a hit and miss to avoid the Door 'Thanks 'Your welcome' cherade where we keep repeating the same thing.

As for this debate, it's pointless bollocks. It detracts from real issues like why my wife won't iron my clothes or goes to the gym instead of getting my tea on.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
My Sister-in-Law is a feminist and we had a good Christmas day argument over all of this! I think many feminists seek equality when it suits them, when they want to have kids and stay at home to look after them while husband is off working all hours under the Sun then equality isn't a problem, when they and their husband splits up they are happy to take advantage of the fact that the courts prioritise the women's rights over a mans rights, they actively seek a mans-man as a partner but then complain that he isn't sensitive enough. They are moaning about the lack of Women in senior positions but not the fact that its predominantly men that are emptying bins, digging ditches and doing a lot of the low paid high risk jobs out there. Nobody is complaining that Men are the ones that are conscripted if there is a war, the last out in many emergency/ disaster situations and who's lives are generally valued far less. Men are meant to have it easier yet nobody is talking about the fact that 75% of all suicides are Men and its the single biggest killer of males under 45.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here