Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Ladies First - Sexist Slur??

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's just a bit of respect.Obviously if the dad said no it wouldn;t make any difference.Personally I consider it not so much sexist but very old fashioned.

But it's an old fashioned ritual from an age where women were commodities. Not a good nod to the past. I didn't know people still did it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Personally I think women should be treated totally equally and I meant totally in everything.I figure it will last 5 minutes before they start whining.

You've not been dumped this week, have you ?

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
To hold the door open, step aside and say Ladies first is just making a tit of yourself.

Go through the door in the order you get there, hold it open until the person, male or female, can hold it themselves, then walk away! simples.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That's incredibly bad manners. I always say thank you. Feminism and sexism can take a running jump.

So Mr Thunderbolt, doesn't doff his robe, whenever you're about to step in a puddle, as you leave the Gilded Truffle restaurant :cool:

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The problem is that good behaviours programmed into us older folk are now considered to be bad behaviours, and vice versa. It's not always easy to remember!

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Yet again another example of some pointless argument instigated by another group of spineless humans actively looking to be “offended” by absolutely fvcking anything they possibly can be in the pursuit of their crusade...!

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
To hold the door open, step aside and say Ladies first is just making a tit of yourself.

Go through the door in the order you get there, hold it open until the person, male or female, can hold it themselves, then walk away! simples.

Very much this.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
There are a large number of them who fail to realise their position in society and finish ahead of me in Parkrun every week. I'm sick of this disrespectful attack on us gentlemen. Next they'll be opening doors for us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There are a large number of them who fail to realise their position in society and finish ahead of me in Parkrun every week. I'm sick of this disrespectful attack on us gentlemen. Next they'll be opening doors for us.

They won’t....can’t be arsed to wait for you to get to the door [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So Mr Thunderbolt, doesn't doff his robe, whenever you're about to step in a puddle, as you leave the Gilded Truffle restaurant :cool:

There is no Mr Thunder Bolt. My husband posts on NSC with his own username!

He does walk on the outside of the pavement, & is very well mannered.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Snowflakes need to get a grip.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What @Bulldog said.

FFS.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yet again another example of some pointless argument instigated by another group of spineless humans actively looking to be “offended” by absolutely fvcking anything they possibly can be in the pursuit of their crusade...!

Going on the tone of the posts on this thread there is only one person arguing and getting offended in the pursuit of their crusade.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I hold the door open and say after you .... if its a woman so be it. I just think its basic manners

Treating everybody equally and with good manners, you chaps might be on to something. Perhaps the politically correct nightmare isn't so hard to navigate after all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here