Page 1 of 49 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant 2018

Restaurant 2018

0 Not allowed!
    Sure I saw someone had created this one, but I have failed to find it with multiple searches. Mods please merge if I have missed it.

Lunch at the China Palace in Worthing. One of only a small handful of places I know locally that sell Dim Sum. A reasonable selection and at £78 for four big eaters, excellent value. I am pretty sure I have recommended this one in the past and yet I don't recall anyone giving it a try. Unless you are a vegetarian Worthing folk what are you waiting for ?
    "And the beep says goal!" - Jonathan Pearce MotD 05/05/18

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Well done !

Did not know China Palace did Dim Sum every day, used to just be Sunday lunch times. Agreed there is very little choice for Dim Sum this side of Sussex.

Went to NRG Cavern in Worthing today. It’s a cafe that focuses on healthy food, so was ideal after a big workout this morning.

Had their chicken burger which is a marinated chicken breast whole, trimmed bacon and avocado in a whole meal bap, served with sweet potato fries. Hit the spot and good value at £7.95. Good locally roasted coffee too I believe. Always try and support local independent places and the service was as friendly as it usually is, despite a power cut late morning so having no card machines and being completely full.

Good choice of cakes, both normal and ‘healthy’
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

0 Not allowed!
      Go to China Palace several times a year and good quality, think they have just put their prices up though.

Going to Capri in Lancing in two weeks time, anyone been and any reviews ?
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CheeseRolls View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sure I saw someone had created this one, but I have failed to find it with multiple searches. Mods please merge if I have missed it.

Lunch at the China Palace in Worthing. One of only a small handful of places I know locally that sell Dim Sum. A reasonable selection and at £78 for four big eaters, excellent value. I am pretty sure I have recommended this one in the past and yet I don't recall anyone giving it a try. Unless you are a vegetarian Worthing folk what are you waiting for ?
      I actually thought Dim Sum was Japanese not Chinese!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      I actually thought Dim Sum was Japanese not Chinese!
      In fairness the Japanese adaption of Dim Sum is closer to what we eat here than Chinese.

0 Not allowed!
      Has anyone tried Restaurant Tristran in Horsham? Have booked there in March. I believe (since South Lodge lost theirs) that they are the only Michelin Star restaurant currently in Sussex?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Saunders View Post
      In fairness the Japanese adaption of Dim Sum is closer to what we eat here than Chinese.
      Ta.

I think I though its because in SA it tends to be Sushi places with serve it and I have never had it in England

0 Not allowed!
      This has been a well discussed topic in the past........

If you want a medium or rare burger and don’t want to leave Britain to achieve this you can go to Honest Johns

“Honest Burgers, which has grown from one Brixton outlet to a 24-strong chain, has invested £600,000 in a butchery unit so it can make its own burgers. With LTTC (less than thoroughly cooked) accreditation, their burgers can be served rare. It’s now supplying five of their south London restaurants (honestburgers.co.uk).”
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Looking for somewhere in the East Sussex countryside for next Sunday that is NOT a roast, repeat NOT a roast.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm

0 Not allowed!
      Going to the Regency next weekend. This is not your uber-trendy Brighton eatery but is supposed to be pretty good and reasonably priced for fish, any recommend dishes?
      برايتون حتى أموت