Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday 2018

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have not heard of this place but I’ve looked it up....you’re right it is my kind of place...sold! I’m not sure how I have missed this. Annoyingly I stay at this hotel in El Reval which is a 7 minutes walk according to Google maps. Rest assured I’ll be there at the end of the year.

As an aside I’ve been going to Barca post-Xmas for a number of years now. Every year there’s lots of new and excellent beer additions to the range of excellent places they already have (both old school and new). It’s a truly wonderful and burgeoning beer city. And a tripe, chick pea and chorizo salad with a strong coffee is exactly how a day should be started.

I absolutely loved Barcelona. Trying to teach my son to use his puppy dog eyes on the Mrs to allow us to make it an annual trip. At the moment he only uses them to get out of doing homework, which is a total waste of a talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Can anyone tell me about Marrakech? I’m tempted to go in mid September as on paper it offers sunshine (which my wife likes) and a city with some sights/activities (that I like).

But is it safe? Is it more hassle than it’s worth? And is it actually any good?

Love to go there but i'm put off by the ridiculously high prices for alcohol. I've only heard good things about Morocco especially Fez. Expect to be hassled.

If you haven't been go to Turkey iinstead

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Love to go there but i'm put off by the ridiculously high prices for alcohol. I've only heard good things about Morocco especially Fez. Expect to be hassled.

If you haven't been go to Turkey iinstead

Agree Turkey Istanbul is an amazing city really is east meets west

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think I can put up with the hassle as for every one day in the city we can have another day by the pool. It does look very different to anywhere in Europe, despite the fact it’s only three hours from London. So I’m tempted to go for it but a little nervous still.

I’ve been to Turkey but not to Istanbul. That looks fantastic. But again, is it safe? My limited knowledge of it includes there being quite a few bombings in the last two or three years?
Hasn't there been bombings in England ?
Most of the trouble has died down in Turkey.The majority of attacks came from the PKK on Turkish government/military etc. That's their targets. Yes there has been a couple of isolated ISIS attacks in the past.
Turkey is just as safe as most places.

Been 9 times now

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I wouldn’t make or break plans based on ISIS or any similar nutters. They can strike in literally any country within a four hour flight of here.

But I am wary of countries that seem to have internal/political difficulties like Turkey. As in those cases you’ve got more of an idea of the likely target. Although it does seem to have calmed down in Turkey this year.

That’s why I asked about Morocco really as I have no idea what the domestic situation is there at the moment.
When you go to countries like Turkey you wouldn't even know there was any problems in the first place. It's so chilled. At the end of the day it's your call. It's a country i can only speak highly off.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Recently returned from a cruise with Snooker legend Tony Drago, had a wonderful time and one of the highlights of the cruise was La Rochelle, beautiful French port, well worth a visit.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Recently returned from a cruise with Snooker legend Tony Drago, had a wonderful time and one of the highlights of the cruise was La Rochelle, beautiful French port, well worth a visit.

Not so sure l would call Tony Drago a snooker 'legend' as such, (I do so hate that word!). Glad you enjoyed the cruise though!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hasn't there been bombings in England ?
Most of the trouble has died down in Turkey.The majority of attacks came from the PKK on Turkish government/military etc. That's their targets. Yes there has been a couple of isolated ISIS attacks in the past.
Turkey is just as safe as most places.

Been 9 times now

Although we seem to be in agreement on many things footie related Spence, I've a feeling our politics may be quite different!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Although we seem to be in agreement on many things footie related Spence, I've a feeling our politics may be quite different!

What’s politics got to do with whether you view a country as safe or not? I’m with the others, I could get blown up or shot in numerous world locations by differing sets of nutters, or mown down by an ISIS truck in my home town, but chances are very slim.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

When are you going on that cruise with Windsor Davies, Gareth Edwards and a packet of Findus Crispy Pancakes?

Looking forward to the photos from that trip.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Back on topic: 2 weeks today I'll be in the air on the way to California for nearly three weeks.

As of now, all I have booked is 2 nights in Monterey. I need to get my arse into gear.

Jul 7, 2003
Look at me! I’m waiting for my taxi to come and take me to Heathrow for a family trip to NYC.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Look at me! I’m waiting for my taxi to come and take me to Heathrow for a family trip to NYC.

I prefer the subtle thread “look at me” thread these days #5amFlight.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Showing off time. So far this year I have ticked off the following countries on my world quest - Luxembourg, Monaco, Canada and Peru. Next month I am going to Belarus and Ukraine.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Back on topic: 2 weeks today I'll be in the air on the way to California for nearly three weeks.

As of now, all I have booked is 2 nights in Monterey. I need to get my arse into gear.

:moo: ...and miss all those Brighton games...well..2/3

As an aside I have now booked my weekend away in North Devon at the end of September...in a wagon thing with gorgeous views of Dartmoor..I intend to do very little whilst there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here