Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday 2018

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nothing. Not easy to get away from home for more than a day until I get a kidney transplant - as I need regular dialysis. Even when I get a transplant they recommend no travel for a year or so. It is possible to get dialysis in some places, but I am comfortable with my machine at home, doing it all myself.

Good luck with a transplant. I wish you well.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
If our place settles down and they have stopped outsourcing and sacking people, I am hoping to swing a trip to Costa rIca for " business " obviously.

������

I wish I had made it to costa rica, spent 3 months ib Mexico (Yucatan peninsala) Guatamala, Honduras, Belize and could squeze in getting anymore - in fact Honduras wastnt even iin my plans, i just had the nearest islands to Guatemala so fancied some chil out/diving. Spent 5 weeks there and ate drank and swam. I love to know whta its like now, it was already quite pretentitious in some ways. IIRC correctly if you surfed you chipped in to get a camper van to share to Coasta Rica, and if you dived, head to Honduras/Belize

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Trogir Croatia in July ,back one day then a long weekend for a 40th on the IOW.

Long weekend in September for a 50th TBC.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Chicago is one of the best places I’ve visited in a long time. It took me totally by surprise how wonderful it is and steeped in fascinating history and culture....and it’s a must visit city for craft beer heads.

As you work on the railways I’d thorougly recommend a walking tour of the overhead railway system. Incredibly interesting from both historical and architectural angles. https://www.architecture.org/experience-caf/tours/detail/elevated-architecture-downtown-l-train/

Agree with that.

We did The El walking tour when we were there, excellent.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Plenty of destinations here but why is no-one owning up to Benidorm,Magaluf, Playas de las Americas etc? Are we at NSC too posh?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Big USA holiday in August.

Jackson Hole, Yellowstone National Park, Glenwood Springs in Rocky Mountains, finally Moab, UTAH.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
On the train Swansea off the train Syracuse, not the same train and don't mention the elephant

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not sure where abroad will be thi syear but certainly a healthy amount of walking trips in the UK. I'd dearly love to get to the Lakes again this year. Nancledra in Cornwall is a given and a few good two or three dayer walks through Sussex and Surrey

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
April - Stag Do (Between Burnley and Utd)

July - La Manga Pre-Season.

November - NYC Marathon

The Costa Del Bromsgrove this weekend (WBA)

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Nowhere - spent Xmas in Florida & thats us done for the time being. May go down to Somerset to see family for a couple of days, but with the eldest son going off on a few school / sea cadet trips (a week skiing in Austria, sailing the Solent on HMS Royalist etc) this year, we're spending all the spare money on him instead of us!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Play Del Carmen is lovely

Very good, been their last two years for two weeks in the Summer, going to near Puerto Vallatta this yer

I like Mexico

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Very good, been their last two years for two weeks in the Summer, going to near Puerto Vallatta this yer

I like Mexico

Been there too!! I love Mexico as well!! Lived there for about year and also had Mexican fiancee at one point(long story!!)

Tbh I didnt like Vallarta too much as its a very rough bit of coastline so couldnt swim in sea much, I was traveling on budget at time so was in hostel without pool!! Great for whale watching though if u can get that done!

Puerto Escondido was my next stop after there if remember right and its fking amazing!! The whole of Oaxaca is actually lovely and thats where I met the current Mexican chica!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Been there too!! I love Mexico as well!! Lived there for about year and also had Mexican fiancee at one point(long story!!)

Tbh I didnt like Vallarta too much as its a very rough bit of coastline so couldnt swim in sea much, I was traveling on budget at time so was in hostel without pool!! Great for whale watching though if u can get that done!

Puerto Escondido was my next stop after there if remember right and its fking amazing!! The whole of Oaxaca is actually lovely and thats where I met the current Mexican chica!!

Very good point hence we are going to Neuvo Vallarta where there is a beach

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just booked a 10 day trip back to the UK in June. Hoping to squeeze in a few days in Europe in between a friend's 40th at the start of the trip and a family party at the end. I'm thinking Scandinavia, as I haven't been and it's high up my bucket list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here