Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] You can have only one: beat Palace in the Cup or beat West Brom in the league?

Beat Palace in the Cup or beat West Brom in the league?

• Beat Palace in the Cup

Votes: 32 13.1%
  • Beat West Brom in the league

Votes: 213 86.9%

• Total voters

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Ah but don’t managers say take one game at a time? Beat Palace first, then worry about hammering West Brom later!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
We NEED to win league games. We dont need an FA cup run. In fact if it wasnt Palace I wouldnt be bothered if we went out too much. Extra games, injury risks and all.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Honestly, what sort of numpty head could possibly consider trading 3 points against a key relegation rival in the Premier League for a win against Palace reserves in the FA Cup which will only stretch our survival resources even further if we progress to another match?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Beat West Bromwich. Draw Palace.....does that work?

Yes because you get a replay at Selhurst Park, and it will provoke a lot more traffic for Bozza on Nsc.

The Hawthorns are a new ground for me, I've got a ticket and I love an away win. Oh, and I dislike Alan Pardew, so always to want to beat his teams.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I think that the West Brom game is the most important game of the season so far.

If we beat them and Swansea loose as well then we would be 10 points above the bottom two with 15 games to go. That's a massive gap. Therefore it has to be beat West Brom.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Isn't this the crux of the low attendance issue for Monday night?

Had this FA Cup tie popped up last year I reckon it would've sold out. If we stay up and this fixture pops up next year, the attendance would be higher, but quite frankly, this is, arguably, our most important league season ever. We stay up and you'd imagine the club are financially secure for the foreseeable future. The game, paired with how crap the league fixture was (in pretty much every regard), is a bit of a nuisance when inspecting the bigger picture.

I want to get one over Palarse as much as everyone, but I'd happily trade a loss for a big step closer to safety.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh strewth.

To go 10 points ahead of West Brom would be amazing, bonus joy if it sends us 10 points clear of Swansea as well.

el punal

Beat WBA, Lose to CP who are found to play an unregistered player so we get a bye.

This, but go one better. Palace have two players sent off for assaulting the match officials. Roy Hodgson is arrested for a kung fu kick on a camera man. The Palace football special train breaks down in a tunnel with no heating or lighting, and the toilet is out of use because one of their ultras let off his stash of flares while having a dump.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here