Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Unwelcome Palace Fans

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It appears Chief Inspector Simon Nelson is now Superintendent Simon Nelson.
Nice holiday and now promotion!
Bravo Simon , well deserved.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
So Palace have sold tickets to individuals and then tell them not to go to the game! :ffsparr:

Why wasn't this sorted out straight after the last game? Seems to me that the police haven't done their jobs properly if at all.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
So Palace have sold tickets to individuals and then tell them not to go to the game! :ffsparr:

Why wasn't this sorted out straight after the last game? Seems to me that the police haven't done their jobs properly if at all.

The Sussex police had their addresses, but have lost them .

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
For me it appears that the Police have done nothing, Palace have done nothing so Brighton not wanting a repeat have simply said we are not letting these people in our ground.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So if those that got one of these letters turn up, ad presumably there are 30-40 of them, how are they going to react to be turned away? Strikes me as far better to actually ban them before matchday.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Unless they have banning orders, surely this is unenforceable? You can't stop someone being in a town on the day of a football match just because they happen to be rivals. Stupid attitude from the police unfortunately.

Isn't being a Neanderthal still a criminal offence?

Arrest the lot of them and send them all to the Colonies....ASAP...

TNBA

TTF

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

How do you know it’s been done on the orders of the Police?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
So if those that got one of these letters turn up, ad presumably there are 30-40 of them, how are they going to react to be turned away? Strikes me as far better to actually ban them before matchday.

The proper recourse for aggrieved fans is to demand copies of the all the relevant CCTV images under the Data Protection Act. They can demand all images of them not only those showing any alleged offences but any request must be reasonably specific. No doubt FSF Fair Cop could advise. It’s been pointed out to me that this is all brightons doing and not the police so I hope this still applies .

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Probably a silly question but what law, if any, have those who jumped the turnstile broken?

Dunno but ask the Palace steward that had his ribs cracked as he might know.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It’s been pointed out to me that this is all brightons doing and not the police so I hope this still applies .

Nope, this is the 2 clubs working together. So not all Brighton's doing.

Last edited:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The proper recourse for aggrieved fans is to demand copies of the all the relevant CCTV images under the Data Protection Act. They can demand all images of them not only those showing any alleged offences but any request must be reasonably specific. No doubt FSF Fair Cop could advise. It’s been pointed out to me that this is all brightons doing and not the police so I hope this still applies .

It is NEVER Palace’s fault......always the victims...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

It’s been pointed out to you that it’s down to both clubs ...you seem to have omitted your own...no change there then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here