Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Unwelcome Palace Fans

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The proper recourse for aggrieved fans is to demand copies of the all the relevant CCTV images under the Data Protection Act. They can demand all images of them not only those showing any alleged offences but any request must be reasonably specific. No doubt FSF Fair Cop could advise. It’s been pointed out to me that this is all brightons doing and not the police so I hope this still applies .

Perhaps the answer was for your fans not to behave like a bunch of ***** in the first place not go crying to FSF about the unfairness of it all.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Dunno but ask the Palace steward that had his ribs cracked as he might know.

That’s the thing though, most people know assault is a criminal offence, so is letting off flares and fireworks inside a football ground. What I was wondering was if jumping a turnstile was a criminal offence and if not what action, if any, the police or courts could take against those individuals - particularly in respect of banning orders.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Perhaps the answer was for your fans not to behave like a bunch of ***** in the first place not go crying to FSF about the unfairness of it all.

I think you'll find the Palace who went crying to FSF were those who were denied entry, who held valid tickets. ( awaits " but it was your own fans fault")

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I think you'll find the Palace who went crying to FSF were those who were denied entry, who held valid tickets. ( awaits " but it was your own fans fault")

But it was your own fans/animals/scum fault.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Well it was but you’re are now saying those identified and now banned from the Amex should do the same aren’t you?

None of this would be happening if your fans had behaved, end of.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
What I was wondering was if jumping a turnstile was a criminal offence and if not what action, if any, the police or courts could take against those individuals - particularly in respect of banning orders.

Trespass surely?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Well it was but you’re are now saying those identified and now banned from the Amex should do the same aren’t you?

None of this would be happening if your fans had behaved, end of.

Where have I said that ?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I never thought I'd ever side with Palace fans on anything but this is wrong. No chance to give their side of things? No opportunity to challenge the evidence? If this was them doing this to our fans there would be uproar.

If there is evidence, nick em. If not, work until they have the evidence..

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
The proper recourse for aggrieved fans is to demand copies of the all the relevant CCTV images under the Data Protection Act. They can demand all images of them not only those showing any alleged offences but any request must be reasonably specific. No doubt FSF Fair Cop could advise. It’s been pointed out to me that this is all brightons doing and not the police so I hope this still applies .
What is all Brighton's doing? I have a lot of sympathy for the Palace fans affected but how on earth are Brighton supposed to have identified individual Palace fans without input from Palace? And just in case I am misunderstood I reiterate my sympathy for the fans affected as there seems no robust process in place. Not that that should be a surprise for authority's treatment of football fans.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I never thought I'd ever side with Palace fans on anything but this is wrong. No chance to give their side of things? No opportunity to challenge the evidence? If this was them doing this to our fans there would be uproar.

Disagree. If the actions had been perpetrated by Brighton fans, I wouldn’t be crying for them if they weren’t let into the next game at the same venue. Why would I sympathise with them when it’s been confirmed in the OP that one of them gained entry without using his ticket. I hope he didn’t also try to get a refund by claiming to have been locked out as his ticket wasn’t scanned!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Brighton & Hove Albion FC can't nick anyone.

What they can do, like any business, is to decide not to service a specific customer if they so wish. To me, this is what it looks like is happening here. Now they could have waited for those customers to arrive at the ground tomorrow night before telling them that. That would have been pretty shitty. Instead they have sent details, which from the letter seems to have been in the form of CCTV footage, to Crystal Palace football club who seem to have then identified those people, suggested they do not travel and refunded them for their ticket.

What is all Brighton's doing? I have a lot of sympathy for the Palace fans affected but how on earth are Brighton supposed to have identified individual Palace fans without input from Palace? And just in case I am misunderstood I reiterate my sympathy for the fans affected as there seems no robust process in place. Not that that should be a surprise for authority's treatment of football fans.

Ed Zachary.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...and let's remember after the league game CPFC said:

"This kind of antisocial and criminal behaviour is completely unacceptable and we condemn it in the strongest possible terms. There are very clear images of the incident and we will work with the police to identify the supporters involved, who will face stadium bans as well as potential criminal proceedings."

It looks like BHAFC have provided CPFC with the imagery. I would imagine all the Palace fans who condemned the actions of some of their own supporters on that night are looking forward to hearing that the club have imposed bans on those identified.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Certainly but trespass is a civil, not criminal, offence and no concern of the police

Isn’t trespass now part of the Criminal Justice Act....which is criminal?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here