Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Unwelcome Palace Fans

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If you honestly believe that's the case, I can't see that there's much of a case to answer. Speaking to someone from FYP, his contention after speaking to many people caught outside is that, after the exit gates were opened and stormed, it seemed an understandable decision not to allow any more people in. I very much doubt the police will apologise for taking Health & Safety seriously. It was also a decision, I understand, not taken by Sussex Police alone. They were in close liaison with Brighton and Palace stewards, and colleagues from the Met.

Personally, I suspect it's something more - although the daft Twitter thing was retracted and an apology was issued, so I doubt it's that too - but that is also a guess.

Additionally, I normally have a lot of time for FSF and FSF Faircop on Twitter, but when debating issues over the subsequent days with Brighton fans, their response to us was very snotty, and not really interested in hearing alternate points of view - esp. from Brighton fans. @ROSM can back this up.
Yes, it seemed the FSF were very happy to deflect blame from the palace hoolies onto the albion.

They are not this supporters 'federation' any more.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes, it seemed the FSF were very happy to deflect blame from the palace hoolies onto the albion.

They are not this supporters 'federation' any more.

I could understand if this 'action' was being taken against the club, that some supporters might get protective, but it is action against Sussex Police ; so why be bothered?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I could understand if this 'action' was being taken against the club, that some supporters might get protective, but it is action against Sussex Police ; so why be bothered?
A lot of groundless blame was pointed at the albion by palace fans and the FSF that were sucking up to them.

It was pretty disgraceful deflection to be fair - when the real issue that needed to be looked at was the behaviour of the palace goons and hoolies on the night.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
A lot of groundless blame was pointed at the albion by oalace fans and the the FSF that were sucking up to them.

It was pretty disgraceful deflection to be fair.

Has it been established where the “ knifes and knuckledusters “ rumour came from yet ? It’s gone very quiet on the police and ,dare I say it , Brighton front .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

When the police admitted there weren't any weapons, they said that a steward told them, there were. Blame shifting (although they didn't say whose steward/s)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Has it been established where the “ knifes and knuckledusters “ rumour came from yet ? It’s gone very quiet on the police and dare I say it Brighton front .

Are you accusing us? As I understand it, Palace brought their own stewards.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Has it been established where the “ knifes and knuckledusters “ rumour came from yet ? It’s gone very quiet on the police and dare I say it Brighton front .
No idea about this - the feeling is it was chinese whispers but that is just the speculation I have heard. Certainly no evidence at all that the albion did anything wrong, so why all the disgraceful deflection ? ???

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Has it been established where the “ knifes and knuckledusters “ rumour came from yet ? It’s gone very quiet on the police and ,dare I say it , Brighton front .

You lot really are a classless bunch....Blaming others for everything... Suppose it was Sussex Polices fault that you went into admin twice!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I think how you interpret that depends on your general outlook on the police. There are a lot of people who seem to believe each and every police force and each and every police officer is a wrongun.

That's not my outlook. I think that, like any profession, there are good and bad - both in terms of intent - and also in terms of just being good at a job, or not. So there will be some bad people, but I'm of the inclination that the vast majority are decent people, some of whom are just doing a job, but many of which are genuinely trying to serve the public in the best way they can.

Additionally, just like everyone else, a police officer can make a genuine mistake. They are human after all. However when they do make a mistake, it can have far more significant implications than if many of us have a cock-up on the job.
None of us know the full details of PalaceWeaponGate and I am personally surprised that more of an investigation has not been undertaken or, if one has, why findings have not been made public. However, from bits and pieces I've picked up, it does sound like a very bad example of Chinese Whispers that went unchecked for far too long. I really don't believe a major police force would willingly make up something so serious and hope/expect to not get found out about it.

Absolutely. But that is not what some on here want to see or recognise, even though it is common sense.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Additionally, just like everyone else, a police officer can make a genuine mistake. They are human after all. However when they do make a mistake, it can have far more significant implications than if many of us have a cock-up on the job.
A supermarket manager would be sacked for wrongly accusing a lady of shoplifting without evidence.
CH would be sacked for accusing, say, LD for smoking cannabis.
The officer in charge is expected to keep a cool head and that is why he has been chosen for that job.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
A supermarket manager would be sacked for wrongly accusing a lady of shoplifting without evidence.
The officer in charge is expected to keep a cool head and that is why he has been chosen for that job.
He got a promotion :)

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Yes you cuffing well were...never mind between the lines but in darn big block capitals superimposed over the lines..

Me ? Give over . Anyway it’s been explained and all is good .

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Oh, how simple life is behind one's computere

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Who is going to stand guard over Bruno's mural over night?

attachment.php

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here