Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Unwelcome Palace Fans

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What a crock of shit. If they are identified as commiting a crime why have they not been arrested?

So if I burgle a house in Croydon (unlikely I know but go with it) and then return to Brighton am I in the clear provided I don’t go and do the same thing again?

If they have identified those that committed criminal offences they should be arrested and given banning orders. Simple.

It's all quite intriguing isn't it?

So have the Albion reviewed CCTV pictures, identified some troublesome sorts and shared the images with Palace with a "we're not letting these chaps in" message? Palace have subsequently identified them and written to them.

Maybe the police aren't involved at all if so.

I tell you what though: if Palace wrote to the Albion saying "these blokes got up to no good in our ground" I'm pretty sure the Albion would be writing to those identified with some sort of ban from the Amex.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It's all quite intriguing isn't it?

So have the Albion reviewed CCTV pictures, identified some troublesome sorts and shared the images with Palace with a "we're not letting these chaps in" message? Palace have subsequently identified them and written to them.

Maybe the police aren't involved at all if so.

I tell you what though: if Palace wrote to the Albion saying "these blokes got up to no good in our ground" I'm pretty sure the Albion would be writing to those identified with some sort of ban from the Amex.

Banning fans “ the right way “ .

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Who actually told them they would be arrested - one of the clubs or the rozzers?

(I haven't read the whole thread so this may have been answered already?)

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Who actually told them they would be arrested - one of the clubs or the rozzers?

(I haven't read the whole thread so this may have been answered already?)

Probably a memo sent to palace from Brighton and the police . Then palace sent a letter to all fans identified. I’d like to know what the offences were ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This is utterly what is wrong with society today. Yes, Palace Twats (Ultras) jumped the barriers, yes, they came to town early and showed off, yes the football match may have inconvenienced the constabulary into doing what they are paid for (via taxation on individuals and businesses), yes it all got a bit lively at The Amex at times. But the reality is that it was far far less a problem than 30 years ago.

But somehow, Sussex Police have got away with lying through their teeth and their dishonest press releases have been swept under the carpet. As for 'face recognition' being deployed at footy, then fxxk it, I am glad that I am on the other side of the planet even though I have really been missing my time with close friends supporting the Albion.

In my opinion football is dead, long live soccer, you are welcome to it.

PS I will pop in occasionally when I fly home. ��

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Banning fans “ the right way “ .

There's no need to be a prick.

The point is that the Albion seem to have a zero-tolerance policy to this kind of thing, rightly or wrongly. Palace said all the right words after the league game, but has any action been taken against anyone?

Many of your own fans, possibly including you on here (I can't be arsed to look back) said they'd had enough of your more anti-social fans and how they behave, bullying other Palace fans out of seats and injuring them with pyros. Thus far it seems as though they are free to carry on as they were.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can we take the comfy seats out of the away end, and replace them with some really uncomfortable wooden benches full of splinters and the occasional rusty nail (like they used to have at the cricket ground)?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
There's no need to be a prick.

The point is that the Albion seem to have a zero-tolerance policy to this kind of thing, rightly or wrongly. Palace said all the right words after the league game, but has any action been taken against anyone?

Many of your own fans, possibly including you on here (I can't be arsed to look back) said they'd had enough of your more anti-social fans and how they behave, bullying other Palace fans out of seats and injuring them with pyros. Thus far it seems as though they are free to carry on as they were.

That’s the problem if you have zero tolerance then some fans , not all , get banned for very little . If all those fans , who received the letters , had committed serious disorder surely they would have received a knock at the door by now . I don’t trust the police on this and I’m pissed off with my club who have done very little either way and have basically hung a load of palace fans out to dry .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Can we take the comfy seats out of the away end, and replace them with some really uncomfortable wooden benches full of splinters and the occasional rusty nail (like they used to have at the cricket ground)?

Lumps of wood with rusty nails ? Surely not .

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Assume Police/CPS think there isn't enough evidence/severity to prosecute so club are exercising their right to refuse admission to those suepecterd of causing disruption. The facial recognition at the turnstiles on Monday is to make sure bearers of these letters don't try to come along anyway.

Sales of toupee & clear lens glasses have spiked in the Croydon area in recent days.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That’s the problem if you have zero tolerance then some fans , not all , get banned for very little . If all those fans , who received the letters , had committed serious disorder surely they would have received a knock at the door by now . I don’t trust the police on this and I’m pissed off with my club who have done very little either way and have basically hung a load of palace fans out to dry .

There's no indication from anywhere that the police have anything to do with this, is there?

Palace have written to fans telling them they'll not be admitted to the Amex. That indicates, to me at least, that this is being dealt with by the clubs themselves. Any football club can decide to not admit anyone they choose for any reason they choose - it doesn't have to have anything to do with legal proceedings or FBOs.

If the police had video evidence of wrongdoing, you would hope and expect them to take action against the culprits. They haven't taken action, at least not yet.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Assume Police/CPS think there isn't enough evidence/severity to prosecute so club are exercising their right to refuse admission to those suepecterd of causing disruption. The facial recognition at the turnstiles on Monday is to make sure bearers of these letters don't try to come along anyway.

Lack of evidence? What about the knifes and knuckledusters found ?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
There's no indication from anywhere that the police have anything to do with this, is there?

Palace have written to fans telling them they'll not be admitted to the Amex. That indicates, to me at least, that this is being dealt with by the clubs themselves. Any football club can decide to not admit anyone they choose for any reason they choose - it doesn't have to have anything to do with legal proceedings or FBOs.

If the police had video evidence of wrongdoing, you would hope and expect them to take action against the culprits. They haven't, at least not yet.

So you think the police have had no say in all this then ? In that case it’s Brighton getting all the cctv evidence and passing it on to palace . The police will have had a input as they will be making the arrests if arrests are made .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So you think the police have had no say in all this then ? In that case it’s Brighton getting all the cctv evidence and passing it on to palace . The police will have had a input as they will be making the arrests if arrests are made .

Yes, I believe:

1) BHAFC have reviewed CCTV imagery of wrong-doings.
2) Passed appropriate imagery to CPFC.
3) CPFC have written to those fans to tell them not to bother tomorrow night.
4) CPFC seem to have forgotten they said they'd do anything significant to those identified ("Parish-sponsored hoolagnism" or whatever it's called)

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Yes, I believe:

4) CPFC seem to have forgotten they said they'd do anything significant to those identified ("Parish-sponsored hoolagnism" or whatever it's called)

All good points till the last one . Yes I agree that sounds plausible but I don’t think it’s done without the police having a input as I reckon this is a ongoing investigation.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All good points till the last one . Yes I agree that sounds plausible but I don’t think it’s done without the police having a input as I reckon this is a ongoing investigation.

As I say: if Crystal Palace wrote to BHAFC with a video of an Albion fan doing bad stuff (lighting fireworks in a stadium for example), I would expect Albion to impose a stadium ban on that fan. Your club has been provided images of some fans doing some bad stuff and, thus far, they have told them to watch one game on TV instead.

Maybe further action will be taken in due course, as this all seems quite last minute. Alternatively, maybe it will be yet another example of your club seemingly being afraid to upset the hoodie-gang. We'll see.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
This is what the letters sent out say :

Dear ******,

I am writing to inform you that, following a review of CCTV footage from the league match against Brighton and Hove Albion on November 28, you will be refused admission to the Amex Stadium for Monday night's FA Cup fixture.

We are letting you know in advance so that you do not waste time and money travelling to Brighton on Monday. We will refund the price of the ticket you bought for the match; please contact the box office to make arrangements.

We appreciate your co-operation in this matter and strongly advise you not to attempt to attend the match to avoid unnecessary problems on the night.

Best regards,

Paul
_________

Seems fair enough to me. Albion don’t have the power of arrest but we can decide who we let in. The clubs won’t have gone through all this hassle without good reason.

You reap what you sow.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes, I believe:

The club is entitled to do as you outline and should do so. My question is; how do Palace link the CCTV evidence to names ? Those that jumped the turnstiles did not have their tickets scanned and therefore the face cannot be cross referenced with a ticket.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The club is entitled to do as you outline and should do so. My question is; how do Palace link the CCTV evidence to names ? Those that jumped the turnstiles did not have their tickets scanned and therefore the face cannot be cross referenced with a ticket.

Might be cross referenced with home STs and the faces/hoods/scarves that correspond when they go in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here