Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Baldock - What we might not know?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
No idea BG, as I say it was just something I heard and at the time didn’t pay it any attention......but maybe there is something in it ?
Perhaps the club are saying he is fit.....physically and by getting him involved match day may sort his head out ?
I really don’t know and it could be a load of bollocks !

That would be one way of getting him back into the right frame of mind assuming there is a problem...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't get all the Baldock talk - is not just a case of he is not as good as the competition in much the same way as Uwe, Skalek etc. Rightly behind Murray and Hemed in the running for the top man and no where near as good as Gross for the No 10 position. Brown probably makes the bench ahead of him because he is able to play in more positions. Personally I was amazed when Baldock got a new contract in the summer

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't get all the Baldock talk - is not just a case of he is not as good as the competition in much the same way as Uwe, Skalek etc. Rightly behind Murray and Hemed in the running for the top man and no where near as good as Gross for the No 10 position. Brown probably makes the bench ahead of him because he is able to play in more positions. Personally I was amazed when Baldock got a new contract in the summer

Given how we only have two strikers who are both very similar and that Baldock hasn’t even had a run out even though we struggle to score would suggest that it’s more than he’s not good enough. Has he suddenly turned shit since we gave him a long contract extension?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Think you're probably right there. Although I would question the implication re Uwe and Skalak as it appears to suggest (probably unintentionally) that Uwe is as far behind Dunk and Duffy as Skalak is behind Izquierdo, Knockhaert and March!!! I would suggest Uwe could quite easily step into the team where as Jiri couldn't!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Baldock doesn't play v Palace when will he play for us again ? ???

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Personally I was amazed when Baldock got a new contract in the summer

I am bemused as to his lack of first team action, but by resigning a new he is still a asset to/for the club and as such is worth more as a transfer !
he certainly seemed happy enough when we scored recently

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I am bemused as to his lack of first team action, but by resigning a new he is still a asset to/for the club and as such is worth more as a transfer !
he certainly seemed happy enough when we scored recently
We SCORED recently? Now there is a revelation.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh I hope he starts tomorrow. Big fan of Sam. I wish his fitness record for us was better.

Then again, if he nabs a hat trick against Palace, we can kiss goodbye to hopes of a new striker in January :wink:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Baldock was hit and miss in the championship and I'd suspect will struggle in this division scoring goals and not to mention he's a crock a lot :)

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Think people need to go and buy the "We're on our Way" DVD and watch it twice in a week like I have in order to remind themselves of some of Sam's absolutely stonking goals last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here