Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Short of moving the Amex to Brighton or Hove, there's nothing significant that can be done. Come final whistle you're suddenly acutely aware that you're stuck in the back of beyond, vying for limited transport options with tens of thousands of others who just the same as you just want to get home ASAP because they've got an early start in the morning.
    This...

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mayonaise View Post
      This...
      Jesus 100 yard walk you arrive at a station one stop Lewes train to Haywards Heath or go to Brighton train to Haywards Heath. No difference to when we were at Hove apart from the walk, which was further to the station.
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”
      Smile Like You Mean It Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PILTDOWN MAN View Post
      Who wants the ground located back in Brighton or Hove, those of us without an option but to drive don't want to find a parking place in the most car unfriendly city in the country, no thanks. Many Brighton fans live outside Brighton

Spoken like a true self-centred car owner 👍
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

0 Not allowed!
      Jesus 100 yard walk you arrive at a station one stop Lewes train to Haywards Heath or go to Brighton train to Haywards Heath. No difference to when we were at Hove apart from the walk, which was further to the station.
      Spoken like a true self-centred car owner ��
      We didn't have a car in the early 60's but had to queue for ages for a bus on Old Shoreham Road, to get back to Portslade. At least 45 minutes.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

0 Not allowed!
      Ultimately, I feel that people feeling they are getting a good deal will soften the arse pain

There is no 'one size fits all' answer though. We gave up our season tickets because living 50 miles away combined with 3 of school age and one parent working on London made it a lot to work out. I love a game under the lights.

For me, maximising bums on seats for midweek games means focusing on the nearby fans. Make it very cheap and people will go.

0 Not allowed!
      Spoken like a true self-centred car owner ��
      No I travel by train, bus or car whatever is best for the situation. The point I am making is those that wish to drive currently have an easier chance of parking (paying) than they would in the city.

I have to drive for my job and I work for a brewery which normally requires me to go to city centres along the whole south (anything below the M4/London). I do travel by train when I can but needing to visit out of town sites as well, prohibits this on occasions. Brighton is near impossible at times.

I take it you enjoy the bars pub etc in the centre of the city you do realise that to function they need servicing?

Being self centred I make sure I have a car full for my visits to football or I go by train and I even expect to wait to get away, bad me.
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      We didn't have a car in the early 60's but had to queue for ages for a bus on Old Shoreham Road, to get back to Portslade. At least 45 minutes.
      Shanky's pony not operating back then?
      Smile Like You Mean It Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      Not being funny but did they not have trains from Hove to Portslade in those days? It's less than a ten minute journey.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      So you're expecting extra drivers drafted in for a couple of runs on News Year Day just so you didn't have to wait a short time. You selfish git.
      No I did say spare buses in the garage rthat would obviously include a driver who had some time left on his hours even if it was only 30 mins to do 1 trip. 4 such trips would have cleared the numbers of people at the stop. Or even the service 28 or 29 not decided to put up the not in service sign as it approached the stop. Had they gone from the garage to Falmer and back to the garage that would have got people on to a greater choice of buses and solved the problem.

1 Not allowed!
      Nothing.

Too many people who have only recently followed Brighton since attendances dropped at the Goldstone forget that not since the 80's have we seen large crowds at home. There's hardly any difference in getting to our ground than many others up and down the country, some much worse with less attendance! The club offer something no other club does, I'm afraid too many want and expect everything to be done for them.

Like those complaining about ticket pricing, then complain about recruitment, then selling our better players if we go down.

This is a reality in the top leagues in this country some can't grasp.
      Agree with most although the traffic in Brighton is dire and the lack of parking is a big problem unless you use the park and ride.Problem is that most who don't go to midweek games probably don't live in Brighton and to be frank I've did it twice in midweek and it's a bloody joke.

Of course you can find many more positives especially if you live locally but for many who don't it's a bloody mare
      UP THE ALBION!!!!!