Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

What can be done to make midweek games at The Amex less of a pain in the arse?

0 Not allowed!
    As fantastic as our stadium is, the ticket sales for Monday just go to show how inconvenient it is getting to (and in particular) from the Amex for evening fixtures.

I know there are other factors too for this game but the general feeling is that a Monday night is an absolute ballache. Transitionally there are lots of empty seats at night games, and not just kids ones either.

Is there anything the club can/should be doing to improve things?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• North Stand Chat

advertising

22 Not allowed!
      Nothing.

Too many people who have only recently followed Brighton since attendances dropped at the Goldstone forget that not since the 80's have we seen large crowds at home. There's hardly any difference in getting to our ground than many others up and down the country, some much worse with less attendance! The club offer something no other club does, I'm afraid too many want and expect everything to be done for them.

Like those complaining about ticket pricing, then complain about recruitment, then selling our better players if we go down.

This is a reality in the top leagues in this country some can't grasp.
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

3 Not allowed!
      Night games traditionally have more of an atmosphere to them. It’s only the Palace Cup game that seems undersold- other mid-week games have been well supported. I don’t think the train strike has helped with sales.
      "Unemployments rising in the Chigley end of town.
      And it's spreading like pneumonia.
      Doesn't look like going down"
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rohan Ince's Python View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As fantastic as our stadium is, the ticket sales for Monday just go to show how inconvenient it is getting to (and in particular) from the Amex for evening fixtures.

I know there are other factors too for this game but the general feeling is that a Monday night is an absolute ballache. Transitionally there are lots of empty seats at night games, and not just kids ones either.

Is there anything the club can/should be doing to improve things?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
      Yes.

The club can make sure that games that require Goon Expresses for away fans are not scheduled for the evening when other fans have tight schedules for their own trains home.
      Out of contract June 2018 : Maenpaa, Krul, Bruno, Bong, Rosenior, Hunemeier, Sidwell, Ince, LuaLua
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      For me personally go back to the Wednesday afternoon kick offs when it was half day closing in the shops. Wouldnt be very popular with most other people though.

Probably cant be done but run a train every 15 minuites Brighton>Falmer>Lewes>Falmer>B righjton from 9.45 for `1 hour.to clear the crowds. also Buses Falmer to The Old Steine non stop then back again for the same period of time. Once in the town travel home is easier.
      Last edited by BensGrandad; 06-01-2018 at 14:58.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      For me personally go back to the Wednesday afternoon kick offs when it was half day closing in the shops. Wouldnt be very popular with most other people though.
      Floodlights came into the English game in the mid 1950s, though I expect they weren't at every league ground until quite a few years later. When there were no floodlights there would be no evenings games. And indeed, 3PM Saturday afternoon wouldn't have worked in Winter, either.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sorrel View Post
      Floodlights came into the English game in the mid 1950s, though I expect they weren't at every league ground until quite a few years later. When there were no floodlights there would be no evenings games. And indeed, 3PM Saturday afternoon wouldn't have worked in Winter, either.

Saturday 3pm kick offs were changed to 2pm for League games and even 1.30 for local football.

3 Not allowed!
      Move them to the weekend?
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something

0 Not allowed!
      ONE non TV PL League game at the Amex all season.

The only thing that can be ome is not to have any televised home games, than 18 out of the 19 home games would have been Saturday 3pm.

The thread should really be about home mid week cup games or home televised games which both have different issues
      Smile Like You Mean It Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Short of moving the Amex to Brighton or Hove, there's nothing significant that can be done. Come final whistle you're suddenly acutely aware that you're stuck in the back of beyond, vying for limited transport options with tens of thousands of others who just the same as you just want to get home ASAP because they've got an early start in the morning.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson