Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has the club made a mistake opening every stand on Monday

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Pathetic the club can't host a Derby game everyone else seems to manage it, I'm hearing plenty would of made the effort iif Palace had the full allocation.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Possibly, it does seem an undesirable game. So close to Christmas, in the FA Cup, clearly our 2nd string getting a run out and it's on the tele. So many factors that would suggest a low attendance

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Pathetic the club can't host a Derby game everyone else seems to manage it, I'm hearing plenty would of made the effort iif Palace had the full allocation.

So loads of people would only come if there were loads of palace? Not 'real' Brighton fans then are they if they are only bothered about the away contingent?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Much bigger mistake was to not play the game on Sunday lunchtime.

Entirely this. Monday night is the pits. Should have been on the Sunday and a bit cheaper then I’d have been confident we would have got 25k plus.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
All stands will have sparodic groups of fans therefore difficult for songs to take off and no atmosphere :(

They made a mistake by not offering very low price deals e.g. 15 or 10 quid and kids for a fiver, like other clubs have done. And only five loyalty points is ridiculous. Last year's third round match was 20 I think.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
They made a mistake by not offering very low price deals e.g. 15 or 10 quid and kids for a fiver, like other clubs have done. And only five loyalty points is ridiculous. Last year's third round match was 20 I think.

Personally i don't see why the loyalty points should be higher or whether it would make much difference ..blimey didn't the club get criticised for the Bounemouth game earlier

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Still no one for five seats right and eight seats left plus the two rows in front of me completely empty in the EU. But I see one empty seat front row so going to check it again Monday and make a bee line straight for it on arrival.
Of course, with ST holders told to buy early to guarantee their seats the club cant make it a free for all on arrival.

Change of deodorant?

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Monday night is the pits. Absolute worst day of the week for football
Transport for midweek evening games is generally harder work than weekends
Mass team rotations for the majority of cup games over the past few seasons
We played them recently and the game was awful as was the atmosphere
Over policed, few too many dickheads in attendance
It’s available on TV
£25 is slightly OTT given the above negatives for me..

Hopefully it will be an absolute blinder for all of those that have handed over their hard earned but for me I’ve decided to swerve this one. When we start treating the FA Cup as more of a priority then I think the fans will too...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Personally i don't see why the loyalty points should be higher or whether it would make much difference ..blimey didn't the club get criticised for the Bounemouth game earlier

They have traditionally always been higher for cup games. This is the first time they've only offered five points.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Still no one for five seats right and eight seats left plus the two rows in front of me completely empty in the EU. But I see one empty seat front row so going to check it again Monday and make a bee line straight for it on arrival.
Of course, with ST holders told to buy early to guarantee their seats the club cant make it a free for all on arrival.

I'll kick you out of my regular front row seat if you're sitting in it! :lol: Yes, hopefully everyone will move to the front to create a better atmosphere - tho it's never at fever pitch in ESU to be honest!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just to confirm there is a special train for Palace fans after the match.

https://twitter.com/BTPFootball/status/949592882566004736

[tweet]949592882566004736[/tweet]

I ain't getting on THAT

main-qimg-32275d2618db52150952052175676dde-c.jpg

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Probably

I bought my normal ST seat in WSU, there aren't many tickets sold around me.

If the 2 x upper stands weren't open and there was an initial free for all for all STH I would have bought elsewhere

Off topic question:

does the ticket get added to your ST card, or do you get a ticket sent out?
I thought it said that a ticket would be sent out, but haven't received mine yet.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
At least it might be easier to get into the Park & Ride, Lewes Road been full up over an hour before KO last 2 midweek games. Only upside to the poor attendence

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It is pretty embarrassing that we can not sell out a home derby game. What would people have thought if the liverpool-everton game had been half empty?

Once we can threaten people's Season Tickets for not attending cup games, have thousands upon thousands of asian 'fans' just waiting in the wings to be able to attend their first ever games, thousands of domestic bellends who have no affiliation with liverpool or the surrounding area whatsoever clambering to do their 1-2 games a season to try and justify being 'fans' as they belt out that absolute dirge with scarf aloft, be challenging at the top of the PL with a handful of world class players, build another stadium in the city with palace building one next to it and ultimately grow our fanbase by about 1000% domestically and globally, we can then compare the attendance of their 3rd round cup derby to ours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here