Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] First Friday night in January 2018 drinking thread

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Cup of tea and a 7Up so far. Unlikely to change as the evening progresses.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Brewdog Elvis Juice. I'm not normally a fan of adulterated beer but took a punt on an anonymous reduced price box from Tesco. It's OK. a bit grapefruity.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Kicked off with a Mikkeller Beer Geek Limfjords Porter, licorice and coffee porter at home. Then a bottle of red wine from the Rhône region at a restaurant, a gin martini (with olive of course) in a cocktail bar then a Albino Squid Assassin Red Rye IPA at Brewdog. A good and varied haul.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just at the back end of a very chilled Sauvignon Blanc watching Rome Unpacked on earlier on BBC2 which is simply a stunning series

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Brewdog Elvis Juice. I'm not normally a fan of adulterated beer but took a punt on an anonymous reduced price box from Tesco. It's OK. a bit grapefruity.
Not overly surprising for a grapefruit IPA. Always worth reading the can or bottle before purchasing I've found.......

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
This beauty from Washington state...:thumbsup:

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Try Brewdog Punk or Dead Pony.

Just 4 pint cans of Stella for me tonight, didn't fancy overdoing it or stimulating my taste buds with Punk.

Oh and watched BBC4 all night, they have some great stuff on there on a Friday evening... particularly Tears for Fears live tonight.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
six half pints of real ale in various pubs, a good soaking walking home and half a bottle of Rose Mud-Honey from NZ

(I know I've got that wrong .... can't remember proper name)

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Not overly surprising for a grapefruit IPA. Always worth reading the can or bottle before purchasing I've found.......

That's the thing. There were 11 bottles in an unlabelled cardboard box for £6.50. The box was sealed and all you could see was the top of the lids, so I knew they were Brewdog but that was all. Hence the punt.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oranjeboom. Didn't finish work until 9. Had a couple of those, glass of Cabernet and then climbed the wooden hill to Bedford.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here