Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When people watch tv in SD when they can watch in HD !!!!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Something that annoys me is on Sky if you have the HD package (which I assume most people do these days) then they will swap their channel numbers around so the HD channels come first. For example the sports channels 401-409 will be the HD version if you pay for it and the SD version if not. Why can't the historic terrestrial channels do this? Why do I have to go to 115 for BBC 1, 178 (I think) for ITV and 227 for Ch4 when the SD channels sit there at 101, 103 and 104 respectively?? BBC2 being the odd one out as the HD channel is at 102 almost like its mocking us!

First world problems I know but it does grind my gears!

Whilst I'm having a moan on this subject why can't the local BBC news be broadcast in HD in this day and age?

This.

The same with Virgin TV, the HD channels are scattered randomly amongst a myriad of channels.

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
My grandparents watch everything in SD and it drives me crazy whenever I'm back home. With their cable package, all you have to do is add 500 to the channel number, and there you go. And for most channels they watch, and that requires is adding a 5 in front of the channel they're tuning to.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
11-wayne-rooney.jpg

sd

enhanced-25018-1468435572-1.jpg

hd

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Changing channel order

Something that annoys me is on Sky if you have the HD package (which I assume most people do these days) then they will swap their channel numbers around so the HD channels come first. For example the sports channels 401-409 will be the HD version if you pay for it and the SD version if not. Why can't the historic terrestrial channels do this? Why do I have to go to 115 for BBC 1, 178 (I think) for ITV and 227 for Ch4 when the SD channels sit there at 101, 103 and 104 respectively?? BBC2 being the odd one out as the HD channel is at 102 almost like its mocking us!

First world problems I know but it does grind my gears!

Whilst I'm having a moan on this subject why can't the local BBC news be broadcast in HD in this day and age?

You can reorganise all hd channels to come firdt in sky q by using the fsvourites option.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I notice even the Virgin remotes have a thumbs down option, but on NSC?
No, not on your nelly.

Bozza Out!

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Opticians don't test vision in SD or HD. There is also the theory (which I think is right) that women can't tell the difference. I know I can't.

Nor me, it does save us having to worry about all those channels that come in only SD too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ave they? My Virgin Media has a dedicated button for HD. Press that and all the programmes tumble down together to be chosen!!!

Same with Sky.....:shrug:

I am familiar with first world problems, being the sort of person who makes a pot of tea with four regular bags and one of spiced, and turns his nose up it it digresses, but at least I think there is actually a difference betweeen with and without a spiced bag, and that the method for ensuring my tea is spiced is relatively straightforward. I don't need to phone a friend. Complaining about the location of HD channels without bothering to take note that there is an HD button in the top menu is a bit like complaining that its difficult to see in the lounge as the evening draws in because of increasing darkness, and that it is difficult to sit down because your hand gets in the way if you have shoved a finger up your own bum hole. Jesus H Christ on a bicycle :shootself:lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
HD makes stuff look weird and makes films look like cheap American soap operas.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Drives me nuts !! Might not be a big deal to some of you on here but if I’m ever watching tv with any of you little squirts and it’s in SD, you’re going to hospital :censored:

When I begrudging took out my Sky subscription they wanted more wonga for sports HD - given that SD was always going to be significantly better than a dodgy stream - I'm happy with SD and some cash in my pocket.

@Hopkins - have you ever watched footie on a stream? Never mind the quality, its great if it runs without freezing up every now and then ....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Watching young lady in the front row of Fleetwood's main stand was worth it in HD

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
in ten years time watching TV in SD will be the new vinyl craze...it looks better and sounds more realistic , just listen to that crackle and hiss.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here