Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When people watch tv in SD when they can watch in HD !!!!

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Drives me nuts !! Might not be a big deal to some of you on here but if I’m ever watching tv with any of you little squirts and it’s in SD, you’re going to hospital :censored:

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Had a big argument with the wife on NYE about it. She wanted to watch the fireworks at midnight, and turned the tv over to bbc 1 but SD. I said why have you done that when you can watch in HD. Anyway, she finally gives me the remote, by this point it is about 5 seconds to midnight, I forget the channel number for bbc 1 HD, end up flicking it on ITV4 HD, finally get it right and she has a go at me. Spent the first few minutes of 2018 in an argument about HD and SD. Happy New Year!

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
How come nobody mentioned Sky's UHD coverage. If the game gets a bit slow you can count the blades of grass.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
you must be able to tell the difference in HD ?.... if not then may I suggest some new specs !

Opticians don't test vision in SD or HD. There is also the theory (which I think is right) that women can't tell the difference. I know I can't.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Drives me nuts !! Might not be a big deal to some of you on here but if I’m ever watching tv with any of you little squirts and it’s in SD, you’re going to hospital :censored:

It's the sound quality difference that does my head in as much, everything is pumped through AVR in our rooms downstairs so you really notice that SD channels have really low quality sound output.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It must be remembered that I was brought up on 12 and 14 inch TVs so anything bigger is great for me but unless it was pointed out to me that it was in HD I wouldnt notice any difference.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Something that annoys me is on Sky if you have the HD package (which I assume most people do these days) then they will swap their channel numbers around so the HD channels come first. For example the sports channels 401-409 will be the HD version if you pay for it and the SD version if not. Why can't the historic terrestrial channels do this? Why do I have to go to 115 for BBC 1, 178 (I think) for ITV and 227 for Ch4 when the SD channels sit there at 101, 103 and 104 respectively?? BBC2 being the odd one out as the HD channel is at 102 almost like its mocking us!

First world problems I know but it does grind my gears!

Whilst I'm having a moan on this subject why can't the local BBC news be broadcast in HD in this day and age?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here