Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] T/Wells Fuel Prices

Utter rubbish, not somewhere I visit often, but for those that do, they aren't in agreement with you, https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...House-Royal_Tunbridge_Wells_Kent_England.html

Plenty have 1 star on tripadvisor

Haven't been in if for 10yrs plus probably, used to go in there lunchtimes with my dear old (late) dad. Interior is best described as "spectacular" (it is an old theatre) but the seats by the narrow entrance seemed to attract a number of "power drinkers", possibly state funded and in there from opening time to falling onto floor comatose. Is it still like that?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Additionally to expensive petrol and lack of Waitroses, Royal Tunbridge Wells is also home to the worst Wetherspoons anywhere - FACT.
That Wetherspoons is for sure the grimmest godforsaken grief hole in England.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Haven't been in if for 10yrs plus probably, used to go in there lunchtimes with my dear old (late) dad. Interior is best described as "spectacular" (it is an old theatre) but the seats by the narrow entrance seemed to attract a number of "power drinkers", possibly state funded and in there from opening time to falling onto floor comatose. Is it still like that?

Not as bad as it used to be. I certainly know what you mean though !!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
An update seeing how lots of vehicles off to Southampton tonight.
I was on the Isle of Wight last week (26th Jan) and petrol was £1.11 with diesel at £1.14 a litre.
These were at Asda, Morrisons & Sainsburys. I drove past the Sainsburys and had to turn around to double check. Even whilst filling up I thought they'd made a mistake and it should have been £1.24.
So if going over, pack lots of jerry cans.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Born in TW but been exiled in Brum a very long time and even here petrol prices are a mystery with prices at the same chain supermarkets varying by up to 10p a litre around the city.

Yes the prices at different supermarkets in the same chain can be different they are set to a local standard not a national one but then unless the price of an item in the supermarket is a nationally advertised value then even prices in store can vary within the same geographical location.

BTW prices in Brum at the moment cheapest for Diseasel is 116.7 highest from a chain I have seen is 124.9 (there are non chain ones which I have seen which have been dearer but don't count those)

If traveling up or down the M5 around brum and you need fuel don't use the very expensive Frankley services because just off J3 (Dudley/Oldbury/Birmingham South) is an ASDA litterally just off the roundabout at the bottom of the off/on ramps just as convenient as the service station but about 20p a litre cheaper (currently around 117.7) or use petrolprices.com

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Diesel prices-
Brighton £1.22
Lewes By Pass £1.20
Uckfield £1.20
Crowborough £1.21
Tunbridge Wells £1.29
Why so expensive, especially when there are two stations right next to each other. Do they agree a price between them (which is illegal).

Back up to £129.9 on St Johns Road this morning. I filled up on Friday in Greenwich and it was £120.9. Guessing oil prices are going bonkers at the moment?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What is causing the latest price hike in oil prices. Has anybody ever noticed that they never seem to go back to below £1.10 irrespective of the political situation once they have risen. I suppose the new base threshold will be £1.20 for it to never go lower than

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Back up to £129.9 on St Johns Road this morning. I filled up on Friday in Greenwich and it was £120.9. Guessing oil prices are going bonkers at the moment?

I paid £1.30 passing through Storrington last week. Think it was an ESSO garage.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
£1.45 at pease pottage services last week. Feel sorry for anyone desperate enough to fill up there !

I guess that counts as a motorway service station. Does anyone actually buy fuel at motorway services, given the massive price hike? They are nearly always empty. You'd have thought that setting the prices to the level that hardly anyone uses them would not be a sound business strategy. Seems most odd. Its also a waste of everyone's time and a big energy waste, to have people diverting off the motorway to seek out reasonably priced fuel.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here