Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldson out on loan Hughton says - does that make sense ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Goldson and Duffy are only comfortable playing as the RCB but Dunk and Uwe plays any side and are more versitile. Goldson going out on loan doesn't realy hint that he is preparing for Dunk leaving because if he does, Uwe would be the one replacing him in my opinion.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Get Connor completely fit for next season,and bank all that lovely cash for Lewis in the summer.Will hopefully pay for our new striker!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
He needs to play regular football to develop. Makes complete sense to loan him out to the Championship. Only if we get cover for him though. Let's not forget Uwe has also been superb every time we have called upon him.

If Dunk does go in the summer we have a great replacement for him already at the club, who could grow to be even better. But that will not happen sitting on the bench.

that a good point indeed

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The fact we couldn't get his loan deal sorted in the summer was incredibly frustrating. Goldson needs to play regularly to develop, it's the only way forwards for him. He's already very good, but playing for the rest of the season in the Championship, as long as he's starting regularly, will be very good for him. Whether we keep him or end up selling him, developing him further is only a good thing.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
seem to remember duffy was brought in to solve our last set piece problem when Goldson was starting regularly!!

No he wasn't... Duffy was bought in because we had gotten rid of multiple players (Greer mainly in that position) and we were left with 1 available CB as Goldson and Uwe were both out injured - hence why at the start of last season Bruno was playing CB...

Duffy slotted in whilst our other players were out injured and hasn't looked back since. If he'd had of kept up his form from his last few games at Blackburn and first few for Brighton, one of the other two would've come in once fit - but we then proceeded to go on an 18 game unbeaten streak.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Why would he be shocked ?
Dunk and Duffy were Hughton's first choices last season. What have they done this season, some rare failings at setpieces aside, to warrent being dropped. If anything they've impressed even more. He knows he has to leave to get games.

Because he’s arguably as good as both, or Duffy at the very least. And Duffy hasn’t had the best of seasons up to this point, often being found out against pace and movement as well as in the air, which is apparently his biggest strength.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Because he’s arguably as good as both, or Duffy at the very least. And Duffy hasn’t had the best of seasons up to this point, often being found out against pace and movement as well as in the air, which is apparently his biggest strength.

Fair enough but Hughton doesn’t show any sign of thinking that way at all.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No he wasn't... Duffy was bought in because we had gotten rid of multiple players (Greer mainly in that position) and we were left with 1 available CB as Goldson and Uwe were both out injured - hence why at the start of last season Bruno was playing CB...

Duffy slotted in whilst our other players were out injured and hasn't looked back since. If he'd had of kept up his form from his last few games at Blackburn and first few for Brighton, one of the other two would've come in once fit - but we then proceeded to go on an 18 game unbeaten streak.
No, we didn't break our club record and pay around £4M just to get cover in!
Many of us thought that we'd just go for a cheap replacement for Greer to be our 4th.CB (after Dunk, Goldson, and the BFG). How wrong we were!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don't we have some sort of problem doing deals with Charlton? Something to do with their owner and TB?

Brentford. We got Stephens from Charlton, and have sold JFC there.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Brentford. We got Stephens from Charlton, and have sold JFC there.

There is some 'history' there for sure. I forget what it stems from? There was a game a few years ago where Tony B gave Griffin Park a swerve, supposedly due to this issue. Didn't he stand on the terrace there too last season if I remember correctly?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just out of interest, how many players have we loaned out that has come back and established themselves in the team?

From the fans point of view, I know we have had players on loan who we have wanted to sign and that always seems to me that if a player comes in on loan, they are loved by the teams and fans, and think that their parent club didn't want them , so sending them out.

I suppose the other way round is Jesse lingaard who came to us and went back to united and now plays for them and England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here