Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How much Christmas is left in your house?

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Decorations down on NYD and lights switched off on the 2nd but remain outside due to a chest infection reducing my desire to do anything to zero. Everything is boxed up in the garage until the chest infection clears and I can be bothered to put it back in the loft.

Managed to beast a lot of the Quality Street in the past week so pretty much just Toffee Pennies and Toffee Fingers remain. The wife still has a mountain of chocolate to get through and we have at least 3 packets of Lebkuchen and 18+ mince pies to get through.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Having put up TWO Christmas Trees this year clearly there will be pine needles found all around Jakarta Towers until late May...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Tree and decorations came down on Monday after I got back from Football.

Still a tiny bit of Stollen left, half a Heston Blumental Panettone, and some NICE Cheese.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Today is the 12th day of Christmas - are there any signs left in your house?

Our trees are still up, but will come down today.

The cheese mountain has finally been defeated, with the help of a very cheesy broccoli and stilton soup, although here's still other festive food left, namely a fair few mince pies and a lot of crisps and similar. I think we're down to the last 5 tubs of cheese footballs now - on target to finish those just before Easter as things stand.

There are also presents and/or boxes that presents were in strewn here, there and everywhere which is starting to annoy me. That needs to be sorted out this football-free weekend.

For goodness sake man, here I am starting interesting threads for you about negative football and Premier League branding and you bring another Mumsnet thread to the party.

:jester:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Cheese mountain still intact.
I shall be doing my best by demolishing a baked Camembert this evening though.
Half a kitchen table still full up with stuff I don’t think I’ll ever get round to eating

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Won a little hamper in a raffle. I finally got around to opening the pickled walnuts to go with the last of the cheese and crackers last night. I HAVE WASTED MY LIFE!!!
I assume pickled walnuts are available all year round.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We're never going to get done in time, our place is still full to the brim of Christmas spirit.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Can't believe anyone keeps their tree or decorations up until now. We take ours down on NYD. 1st week in January when you're back at work is not Christmas. No.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Decorations, tree and outside lights came down on New years Eve as wanted to get rid as had a busy week ahead.

Far too many chocolates and cheese still linger in various places, temping me back into the bad old festive ways.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just a box of crackers.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
A camembert, some pickled red cabbage, some pickled onions and an unopened box of milk tray

TOP thread except its making me hungry now for stuff I dont have, broccoli and stilton soup sounds very appealing righ now, no ways am I buying any more cheese anytime soon though (except my staple cheddar)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Pleased to say nothing left was pretty much all gone by New Year's Eve to the point that we asked people to bring any spare snacks along to our New Years Eve party

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Tree and lights are coming down tomorrow. There are actually presents under my tree, it's my birthday next week and I didn't know what else to do with the presents I brought back from the UK :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here