Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How much Christmas is left in your house?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Today is the 12th day of Christmas - are there any signs left in your house?

Our trees are still up, but will come down today.

The cheese mountain has finally been defeated, with the help of a very cheesy broccoli and stilton soup, although here's still other festive food left, namely a fair few mince pies and a lot of crisps and similar. I think we're down to the last 5 tubs of cheese footballs now - on target to finish those just before Easter as things stand.

There are also presents and/or boxes that presents were in strewn here, there and everywhere which is starting to annoy me. That needs to be sorted out this football-free weekend.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Cheeses and crackers still around. the accompanying pickles and chutneys will do us another few months. The big bag of celebrations is still pretty much intact as they are rubbish and once the malteser ones are eaten you may as well throw them out. The presents seem to have been pretty much assimilated into normal life or stuffed in the back of a cupboard. Tree and cards coming down tonight or tomorrow day. Tree goes back out in the garden to live another year as it has the last three years, rest in the loft. Back to normal.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
thought 12th night was tomorrow i.e. the Epithany. Maybe that is just a catholic thing. My tree and decorations are going down today though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Half the decorations down, the rest down tomorrow. Everything nice and tidy with the exception of about 5 books in the lounge which are being perused regularly owing to the easy access. Food: pleasingly we managed to consume/freeze most fresh stuff and thus didn't throw much out. Half a shelf of crisps stuff, along with half a freezer rack of unused canopes are all that remain, along with relatively large quantities of booze, owing to the fact that we simply don't drink that much and we did a fair bit of hosting this year and people obviously don't turn up empty handed, so we ended up with more than we needed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Food - tons, cheese, biscuits, chocolate etc
Booze - tons
Decorations - mid-clearing away carnage

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A slab of Brighton Blue cheese still in the fridge, a few M&S chocolates left. Also some biscuits and truffles never got opened are 'around' but will go into a cupboard.

Decorations down tonight and tree removed over the weekend and then should be back to normal!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Tree and all decorations are away, we still have a ridiculous amount of confectionery left, Mrs DFP is pregnant so won’t touch it, I’m struggling to make much of a dent tbh and I’ve a reasonable sweet tooth!

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Having left the UK and returned to France, leaving Mrs Southcoastowl to finish disassembling Christmas before joining me here. She reports that the cards have been recycled, the decorations are down and the tree is out on the decking ready for chopping up and consigning to the green bin. While the leftovers in the fridge have reduced considerably (this may account for the dog having put 1kg on over the holidays) we still have a lot of cheese left.

For my part, I have dutifully consumed the two Terry's Chocolate oranges that I managed to smuggle past the French Chocolate Police at the border.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
Just put ours up in the loft, still have chocs, biscuits and unwrapped pressies hanging around. Went to put all the wrapping paper and tags in the loft as well, wifey told me to hang on as she has still got things to wrap for people who are away on holiday:ffsparr:

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
As I am now on the new year health kick so no booze or nice things so we still have Christmas pudding and mince pies (although the cream got binned) lots of alcohol and a number of lovely cheeses. Wife and child hoovered up all the chocolates ages ago. Decorations removed on 29th so we can get our living room back

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Everything gone except an INSANE amount of luxury chocolates.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
There seems to be an awfully large amount of cheese left in the fridge in our house.

So pasta creativity required.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Tree and decs down yesterday - although there wasn't much it's still surprising how bare the place looks ! Virtually all the food gone except for some biscuity gifts but there's still a lot of booze left

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I am in the middle of putting the lights & decorations right now (stopped for tea break)
A bit of cheese & pate in the fridge
Almonds, cashews and mixed nuts in dishes, but will be finished off today.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here